Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:15:58 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OHCM Squad  (Read 14660 times)
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »

Not sure yet.  Ohio requires a front plate.  I may keep the MI plate. 

I would keep the MI plate.  Ohio does require a front plate....but most cops won't pull you over for it, unless they are small town, suburb cops who have nothing better to do.  Now that my 05 is a pleasure vehicle, I took my front plate off and will not be putting it back on.  The tactic most of us use is to keep the front plate in the glove box or next to your seat, if you get pulled over just throw it up in the dash.  Or band it to your passenger side visor and just flip it down.

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 06:38:01 PM »

I never thought about banding it uP to passenger visor.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 10:14:36 PM »

That's kinda ghetto.  I think I may have a solution.  Either way, I've got a little bit of time.  Right now I need to get my license in OH.  My MI one is about to expire. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ryans7thgen
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
ryans7thgen pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 07:24:12 PM »

If the cop wants to push the issue both on the dash and on your visor are not legal either.  I has to be displayed on the front of the vehicle.  My old neighbor was a Columbus cop and said that it states that it is to be on the front of the car.  He would actually pull people over in certain parts of town if they had it there.  Drug dealers commonly keep their front plate there.
ryans7thgen
Fucking Newb

ryans7thgen pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »

Upcoming events:   

1: Columbus Racing Spring drag day at National Trails Raceway:Fri.  April 22nd http://cr-sm-spring11.eventbrite.com/  (I already have the time requested off.)

2: Cross Promoting this. I plan on being at this.  Will be putting Ole' Blue on the dyno.

2011 Ohio Hondas Spring Meet @ 1st Annual Horizon Audio Dyno Day for Dogs & Cruise-In

Here are the final details...finally. We have changed the name, to accomodate our new cause, the Stark County Humane Society. Canned food drives are definitely a good cause, but this is a cause that is near and dear to some of our hearts, and after some personal experience with them lately, it seems like they're DEFINITELY in need of some help.

DATE:
Saturday, May 14th, 2011

5480 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, OH 44720
(right off of the Belden Village exit on Rt 77)

ADMISSION:
-can or bag of dog food, money, blankets, bowls, leashes, etc...they're not picky. This is NOT mandatory, but it is HIGHLY appreciated. There aren't any armed guards chasing you down if you don't bring anything, but please do what you can...a little goes a long way.

DESCRIPTION/TENTATIVE SCHEDULE (times subject to change):

10am- 12pm Noon
-Poker Run: 10am to NOON. (Free to enter, and we should have goodie bags from Summit for participants)
*starts at Horizon Audio, eventually returning there.
*open to all vehicles

12pm Noon- 7pm?

-DJ (with good music for once)

-Cruise-In/Ohio Hondas Spring Meet: This is a hang-out type environment like any other meet before it, where everyone can come and not be hassled...so please don't ruin it by the following: BURN-OUTS, FIGHTS, DRUGS, DRINKING, BOUNCING OFF THE REV LIMITER, ETC. I apologize if you can't go without drinking for the better half of a day, but if you can't, please don't come.

-2WD & AWD Dyno provided by SlowMotion Motorsports (BIG thanks to Joe & Marty!) $40 for 3 runs for 2WD, $65 for AWD.

-Motorcycle Dyno - Provided by Horizon Audio, $20 a run.

-Food stands (details will be updated eventually)

-Manufacturers (Audio & Performance) are in the works...

INVITED:

-OhioHondas
-All other imports
-Domestics
-Bikes
*all groups will be partitioned off tentatively...

To reiterate, there is never a concrete idea/location for a Spring Meet, so we figured if we could get more than the usual 20-30 cars that usually show up (i.e. other cars too), we could get a little bit more out of the event, and at the same time provide a spot for the OH Spring Meet. Two birds...onestone. As you can see, there is pretty much something for everyone. There are restaurants and mall shopping within walking distance, or a 1 minute car ride at most for signifcant others that don't want to do the car thing all day. Also, a buddy of mine and I are getting tuned on Sunday, and if you want a private tune, there might be time for 1 or 2 other tunes at my house on sunday afternoon (in N. Canton) by SlowMo...I will find out, this is for a full tune, not $40 dyno runs. Any questions that you don't want up here, email DynoDayForDogs@gmail.com. Look forward to seeing everyone that can make it!

3:  Torqued Racing Solutions is sponsoring two track days at Nelson Ledges
Sun June 12 and Sun Oct 23   Cost is $100 per event.
http://www.torquedracing.com/  There is preregistration is up for the June event

4:  Mid-Ohio Vintage Grand Prix  June 24-26
The featured marque is Porsche    This is a fun and laid back event.  Several of us from OHPOC.org will be going to this for the Sat and Sun events.  We will also be camping Sat night. 

There are 3 more car races at Mid-Ohio this season but I am only listing event for the upcoming months so that people can get ready to go to some of these if they would like.  I will put up details about later events and they get a little closer.

I will try to answer any questions that you may have.  Just pm me.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 12:46:41 AM »

I should be in for most of these as long as I have the extra cash for the events that cost money. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 11:23:24 PM »

I am def in for the Dyno Day in Canton and would love to get my car out to the track.  Ryan, remind me, which one of these tracks is the 1/8 mile and which one is the 1/4 mile?

ryans7thgen
Fucking Newb

ryans7thgen pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 06:01:26 PM »

National Trails is 1/4mile and Nelson Ledges is about 2.1 miles.
JohnnyG123

Reputation Power: 2
JohnnyG123 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 12:05:39 AM »

I'm definately in for the ohio hondas spring meet on may 14. I'll be in canton for a few weeks in may visiting the family.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »

Ugh....looks like the meet on Friday will be getting rained out  Cry  Stupid FAILhio weather.  I am definitely planning on the OhioHonda's meet next month though, hopefully by then the weather will have improved!

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »

I'm not able to make it to the meet this weekend because I'm going to MI to visit my parents for Easter.  I will be at the OHPOC meet on the 7th, but can't make it to the dyno day on the 14th.

Tim
ryans7thgen
Fucking Newb

ryans7thgen pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 09:40:22 PM »

Sadly I will not be making it to the Ohio Hondas meet.  I got a promotion at work and have to work Sat.  Luckily they let me have the 7th off so I can go to the OHPOC meet.  Gotta be there for my boys(and girls.)  Hope some of you can make it to that meet.
Here are the details for the OHPOC meet.  If you are coming shoot me a PM and let me know.

Spring Meet is around the corner, get your rides cleaned up, and your wheels on!
Saturday, May 7th
-1:00PM @ Highbanks Metro Park, 9466 Columbus Pike Lewis Center, OH 43035
-3:00PM Cruise Columbus and end up at...TBA
-Party @ Kristen & Ryan's House. BYOB, 21+ only. Bring a Tent for the back yard or your air mattress to claim some floor space to pass out on!
Sunday, May 8th
-10:00AM Bob Evans
We will be having a SWAP meet/ yard sale of various car parts on Sun. May 8

This will be a potluck style meet at the park. Everyone needs to sign up for something to bring, and I will update this thread as people post up as to who's coming and what they're bringing.

PEOPLE COMING & Stuff they're bringing for the Potluck:
1. Kristen (trash bags, plates, napkins)
2. Ryan (a big bag of hot dogs)
3. Gina
4. Kevan
5. Chris (Brats)
6. Kyle
7. Steve (pop/soda/mean growlers)
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »

Ryan, you know I'm in for this.  Robyn said she's gonna come.  I'll probably bring burgers and maybe some chicken and ribs.  I'll call you about it later this week.

Tim
JohnnyG123

Reputation Power: 2
JohnnyG123 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 10:54:10 PM »

looks like i wont be making it to the ohiohondas meet saturday. went out of town, wont be back until saturday night.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »

I don't think any of us are going.  How long are you in OH for?

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012