Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:47:33 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got in a bad accident  (Read 18674 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 11:59:25 PM »

maybe even a shotgun. and a baseball bat. :P

Speaking of which, I need to equip myself with a switchblade, since I'm too young to own a gun, lol.

07CoupeBlue

Reputation Power: 2
07CoupeBlue pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 12:15:08 AM »

Ya I had a switchblade in the car but I took it out when the cops got there. Gonna have to keep a bat in there too lol. Once I'm of legal age to own a gun I'll get one.

Julian
2006 Acura TSX 6 Speed Carbon Grey Pearl
another_person
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
another_person pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 12:24:25 AM »

Quote from: "07CoupeBlue"
Ya I had a switchblade in the car but I took it out when the cops got there. Gonna have to keep a bat in there too lol. Once I'm of legal age to own a gun I'll get one.

lol, I keep several knives in the car, but thats mostly because they're multipurpose tools incase I want to take something apart as I'm driving...I would buy a bun, but they're expensive, and having it there might temp me to brandish it every once in a while, which would be a pretty bad thing...i think.

dizzle

Reputation Power: 6
dizzle pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 12:31:33 AM »

Quote from: "another_person"

lol, I keep several knives in the car, but thats mostly because they're multipurpose tools incase I want to take something apart as I'm driving...I would buy a bun, but they're expensive, and having it there might temp me to brandish it every once in a while, which would be a pretty bad thing...i think.

should buy multiple buns to make hot dogs lol. i kidd i kidd, typo right?

back on topic, not sure if youd wanna get a switchblade since those are illegal. just get a regular knife. i should start bringing a bat too. or just lug around a big ass wrench haha.

07CoupeBlue

07CoupeBlue pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 12:38:26 AM »

Haha. Wait, it's not a switchblade actually, I guess its just some sort of knife. I need one of those trunk monkeys to pop out and beat the shit out of anyone that tries to fuck with my car

Julian
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 07:52:18 AM »

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why!!!! YOu should have just vtak his ass n out run him But sorry for your lost.

Yeah, you should have worsened an already very dangerous situation by street racing...what a horrible idea.

I had something similar happen to me once. Some guy in a riced out civic was revving his engine and shit trying to race at a red light. I laughed at him and then he started tailgating me like a motherfucker for a mile or two. I flashed my reverse light switch at him, and he thought I was actually about to reverse into him apparently. His passenger got out of the car at the next light and started screaming some shit like "its cool to race man, its not cool to reverse!" I sat there and should have called the cops, but you're right, in the heat of the moment it's hard to think straight. I just waited for the guy to try to open a door or break a window and then he woulda got pepper sprayed. He ended up getting back in and driving away. Crazy passenger, crazy driver, or both, I dunno. But anyone who thinks street racing is cool obviously doesn't value their life very much.

Sorry to hear that this happened. Should have driven to a public place or even better a police station. I know how you feel, I feared for my life when that dude was following me and when you feel like that your car becomes second priority.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2009, 07:59:47 AM »

Whoa, that's a cool idea for hooking up your reverse lights. I need to do that, because everyone here in FL tailgates, lol. I also see a riced out civic almost every day.

Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 08:09:44 AM »

It comes in handy but I find it's better to just flash them at people then make it look like you're in reverse, to avoid situations like mine. But sometimes I leave them on long enough to see just how close they are in my rear cam.

People seriously have issues with tailgating and turn signals in Florida. Every day I see a cop not use a turn signal. I want to follow them and record just how many times they do it one day. I know they're probably on their laptop or some shit  :roll:  but come on turn signals are there to prevent accidents...
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 08:39:02 AM »

I dont remember the full story but next time some dude is tailing you dial 911 IMMEADITLY. That would give you alot of leverage down the road if it goes to court.
another_person
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
another_person pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 12:01:49 PM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
I dont remember the full story but next time some dude is tailing you dial 911 IMMEADITLY. That would give you alot of leverage down the road if it goes to court.

+1 911 calls are logged and any record of it is just more help to you in court.

Being able to turn the reverse lights on independent of actually reversing is good and bad. I have mine hooked up to interplay with my turnsignals and it strobes, so that could kinda be considered impersonating a cop or an equipment failure, so either or. It really does make tailgaters back up though, but afterwards, they try and pass you to get a closer look and they may or may not just drop back righ behind you. 911 really is your best bet though.

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 12:14:16 PM »

Haha. Wait, it's not a switchblade actually, I guess its just some sort of knife. I need one of those trunk monkeys to pop out and beat the shit out of anyone that tries to fuck with my car

or you could just get one and put it on the side of your car for I dint know 6 months maybe...... J/K

Did it get any of the drive train, or is that 12k purely body work?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
07CoupeBlue

07CoupeBlue pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »

I'm not sure if it got any of the drivetrain. The car still ran and was driveable if the front bumper was removed but stuff in there still could have been damaged from the shock. I think the $12k is purely body work. Next time I'll for sure call the cops and try to pull into a public place or a police or fire station.

Julian
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009, 03:21:25 PM »

damn that sucks dude.  some punkass did this to me once when i was in the car with my friend and coincidentally we were down the block from the po-po station.  we just pulled in to the parking lot and he took off - hah

J u s t i n
07CoupeBlue

07CoupeBlue pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »

So the car is totaled mostly because of the body work and repacking airbags. But I also learned from a guy down at Honda that all of the wiring is in the subframe in the front of the car which is why Honda doesn't have many electrical problems. However, if you get in a front end collision, your car will most likely be totaled because if the wiring is damaged, it costs a shit load of money to rewire everything and it isnt worth it. Anyways, we're looking at new cars now. I got to test drive a brand new Civic Si coupe 6 speed yesterday, it was pretty fun but I think I still really want a 7.5 gen Accord. So I found a very nice white one with ivory leather interior, 21000 miles, and a 5 speed manual. I'll probably go look at that one tomorrow or something so I might end up with that one. Let me know what you guys think, and don't any of you go out and buy this before me! http://www.bobhallhonda.com/used-invent ... story=true

Julian
dizzle

Reputation Power: 6
dizzle pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2009, 08:32:40 PM »

wow for 15k? thats a pretty good deal. looks nice too. i could picture it with gold wheels =)

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012