Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:06:15 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sears Auto Center Damaged My Wheels  (Read 14928 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 12:21:14 AM »

Scott, thank you for the advice.  At this point, I am playing games with Sears insurance company.  They claim adjuster keeps wasting my time and dragging it out.  I left him  an unhappy message today since he has been avoiding me.  I will be writing a letter to both people you mentioned to try and get this issue resolved.  You are correct about my intent.  All I want is to have my wheels repaired to the condition they were in before the Sears Auto Center damaged them.  I'm not looking for any money, nor do I want a refund for my purchase.  I am only looking to have my wheels repaired.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 11:43:54 AM »

We had lots of problems with Sears when we bought a couch recently and it arrived (brand new) with stains and almost tears at the leather sewing.

It took them almost a year before they came to our house and looked at it. And even longer before they came to clean it or tighten the sewing. It was very dissapointing.

Sears customer service is pretty terrible nowadays, they are nothing like the company of yesterday

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 02:23:03 PM »

So, here's an update on the situation.  Around Christmas time, they sent out a Property Damage Adjuster to assess the damage to my wheels.  He came out, looked at them, and basically said that it looked like the damage was caused by Sears.  Moving forward another week or two, I get a call from a new claim adjuster because the original one had moved to a different office.  The old claim adjuster made a huge cluster fuck of the entire situation, that this new guy had to clean up.  The new guy basically said that they were going to accept my claim and issue a check.  A few weeks later, he calls me back saying he's still trying to figure out the shit pile left behind by the first adjuster.  My father likes to get involved with this sort of stuff and is good at chewing people out, so he called the supervisor's supervisor and gave the insurance company a mountain of shit for fucking around so long.  I guess Sears didn't want to issue a check until after I signed a release of responsibility form.  There was no fucking way I was going to sign anything saying they weren't responsible for the damage until I had money in my hands.  Well, I got home last night and found a check from Sears for $812 and a 2nd letter from the insurance company that they wanted me to sign to say that Sears wasn't responsible for the damages.  I'm going to have a lawyer look at it, because I don't plan on signing anything if I don't have to.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 03:26:07 PM »

Glad to see they finally did something about it. The letter thing sounds a little odd to me. Are they asking to be released of responsibilty because they have paid for repairs or are they trying to pull a fast one?
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 03:26:28 PM »

Glad you got compensated for the damages and personally I wouldn't sign anything  that says they weren't responsible even if they cut you a check! They were responsible point blank, next time they should be more careful....

...I smell a new mod coming along when that check is deposited.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »

I'm not inclined to sign anything unless there are legal consequences.  As far as the money goes, I'm probably going to put that into a new set of wheels and sell the ones I have as is.  I'm looking for something a little wider than what I currently have.  I've been looking for a set of Gram Light R57-TC's, Volk RE30's, or even a set of Ron Jon Legends.  This may be a pre-notice that my Buddy Clubs will be for sale.

Tim
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »

that sounds ass backwards to me.  why cut you a check (proving they are responsible) and then make you sign something dismissing them of all liability.

deposit the check asap

J u s t i n
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 06:21:11 PM »

haha awesome they took care of it. I KNEW and TOLD you this would work out!!!
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »

I think they want you sign that even after the pay out so that you cant sue them in the future. It's what these companies do all the time. They are settling, but not admitting fault. Deposit that shit ASAP, should in case they cancel it.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 10:21:01 PM »

I already deposited the check today on my lunch break.  Fuck them if they think I'm going to sign shit for them.  They can suck my balls.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012