Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:11:27 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Body Part Shipping  (Read 2702 times)
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »

Seeing what companies/services people have used in the past for sending bumpers, side skirts, and other large items.  I am in the process of buying a body kit and am going to need it shipped.  Have looked at UPS, FedEx, and Greyhound so far...anyone have other ideas?  Initial estimate put Greyhound at just over $100 for everything, FedEx would only ship freight and wanted close to $400.

Also, any idea where people might be able to find boxes that would hold a F&R bumper and side skirts?

Thanks in advance.

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »

The places you listed would be the same places I would look into.  I don't have personal experience with shipping stuff via Greyhound, but some of my friends have used their shipping services and were pleased.

As for boxes, I would go to a car performance parts shop and ask if they have any boxes laying around.  Typically, they throw away/recycle boxes that have previously held body kit parts.

- Mark
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 04:53:33 PM »

I don't think you are going to find a better price than you did with Grayhound.  It isn't cheap to ship such large items. 

I wouldn't worry about putting them in boxes.  Have them wrapped and taped up in bubble wrap and you should be good to go. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 06:37:57 PM »

My front lips came FedEx from Canada and the shipping was $200. I know a guy that got a spoon rep bumper for his S2000 through greyhound and he said it arrived fine.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »

Other option on boxes would be a body shop. But, like Ike said it should be okay wrapped
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:18:16 AM »

Just an update:  Greyhound rocks for shipping large items.  Everything arrived in great condition, and shipped 2nd day for $125.  Highly recommend using it.  I will be doing that when I end up deciding what I wanna do with the rest of the kit.

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012