Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:53:17 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on next purchase  (Read 3721 times)
quickkick127

Reputation Power: 0
quickkick127 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:15:07 PM »

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong forum but it seemed the most appropiate to me.  Well I set aside a little more than $600 from my income taxes for the accord.  Problem is, I gotta pick one thing(well 600 dollars worth of things) from my very long list of desired purchases.  I would just like some advice on which upgrades you guys think would be most beneficial to me right now given my current set up.  Or any additional ideas you may have.  My current set up is an 04 Accord coupe v6 6mt NHBP. 

AEM V2 CAI
TLS 20mm Rear Sway Bar
Goodridge SS brake lines
EBC Ulimax black zinc coated slotted rotors
Smoked OEM fog lights
Grillcraft lower center grill (black)
Black Pearl Badges
Tinted tail lights and third light in spoiler
15% tint all around
HFP front lip
Enkei EDR9 17" black rims w/ hankook evo12's

I'm more interested in spending the money on more power than just looks but it comes down to what is most sensible for me right now.  I would like to do some exhaust work but I like the clean factory look and don't want it to be loud until I'm really on it.  From what I gather, Magnaflow seems to be my best bet.  The mufflers aren't the cans and people seem to say it isn't noisy at all.  I had the whole civic thing with the 4.5 inch exit and it was too much attention.  The magnaflow cat back alone would eat up all of the money.  I was curious if anyone has done the jpipe or precat deletes with the factory catback.  I know the factory jpipe is supposed to be super restrictive so I didn't know if it would be more beneficial to me to do the precat delete and jpipe with the factory catback to keep a mellow exhaust or would it be a waste of money?  If i went this route I'd probably go with the new version they are selling over on v6p.net but I did find a set of headers on Ebay that I never heard anyone talk about from OBX...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180811093889&_trksid=p5237.m2000013
I always thought that ideally you wanted equal runner lengths for each side but these OBX ones just come straight down and merge.  It looks like $325 for the jpipe and the precat deletes.  Any opinions or recomendations? 

If I went the OBX route, I'd still be able to afford something like the UR underdrive pulley on top of that or maybe a set of black housing headlights so then my headlights would match the rest of my car.  At the same rate I could always use the money to get the remaining HFP side skirts and rear lip.  Too many things I want and not enough money for everything.  What do you guys think? Any combination of parts that total in the +/-600 range and feel free to suggest other upgrades.  I kinda ruled out any engine work cause I don't think there is anything worth while that I can do for that kind of money.  I wouldn't mind doing the 3.7 intake manifold/throttle body or buying something Paul cooked up but pretty sure those are all out of price range.  Thanks to anyone who helps out.

daslowun

Reputation Power: 1
daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:52:16 PM »

i say get u your cai, and delete the resonators lol thats what ima do... test pipe with a straight pipe back i dont want all that noise, shit a v6 with a cai sounds beast! u will hear a difference trust me btw are u dropped? doesnt like like it??

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »

To start with, you can't use those headers as your exhaust manifolds are cast to the heads. Secondly, I don't think you mentioned any suspension mods besides the sway. Were it me, I'd get my car closer to earth. The benefits of that would be the increased handling plus allow less drag underneath the car since there would be less air traveling underneath and help with fuel mileage. Actually, I kind of pulled that last one out of my ass. I have nothing to back that up. Anyway, a lowered car does handle better plus it looks better especially if you have aftermarket wheels. My .02.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »

exactly TEG! thats y i asked because i didnt notice anythin regarding dropping? haha and it Would handle better! im waitin on my progress sway bar as we speak!

quickkick127

Reputation Power: 0
quickkick127 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »

Well I do have a cold air intake.  The AEM V2.  It sounds very aggressive and turns many heads.  That's why I didn't want to lose the mean sound with a very airy exhaust and get looks of disgust rather than the inquisitive looks I get now. 

And no, the car isn't lowered at all.  I'd like to and I hate having wheel gap, especially with aftermarket rims.  I live outside Pittsburgh and its not the most friendly environment for lowered cars.  I had my 95' civic crushed to where it was tucking just slightly.  I handled better than I thought possible by laws of physics.  90 degree turns at 60 mph was amazing.  That was a set of shitty 60 dollar ebay coilovers and it really took its toll on the rest of the suspension and car.  If I'm to lower another car, it is gonna be done right without cutting the same corners which will put me at a hefty price tag considering quality lowering kits and then the camber kits/control arm I'd have to buy to get back to proper numbers.  Don't get me wrong, I know exactly what you guys mean in terms of appearance and handling, just not sure if it is much of an option right now.  My friend is trying to get me to get new struts and one inch lowering springs....

Daslowun...You may want to keep a resonator in there.  Get rid of the cat's and mid mufflers but the resonator is what keeps you from getting the airy or raspy sound.  You can find some stuff about people cutting out there resonators and such over on v6p.net.

CrackerTeg, I've seen you say that before about the manifolds being cast to the heads but why would it be marketed strictly for my car and they also seem to resemble riches precat deletes.  I'll have to go look under my hood to make sure, but I thought these would bolt right up to the flange on the upper side of the precats...

daslowun

daslowun pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 06:32:31 PM »

thnx for the info bro! and yeah i know wut u  mean i have tein s.techs on now it rides smooth FOR NOW haha but i know its cutting corners like u said im just saving up for function forms type 1s maybe from taxes, and just got my camber kit

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 07:27:57 PM »

get a used set of coil overs. or springs + shocks for a mild drop.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 11:47:24 PM »

I'm not going to read all that, and I don't know what you have, but here's my advice.  If you're serious about building your car, it's best to spend your money on making it handle and stop better before you start pumping money into the motor.  Since you're not really doing anything that would make your car scary fast, get whatever suits your fancy and makes you happy.  Be your own person and don't let us decide what's important for you.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012