Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:14:34 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skunk2 Drama  (Read 13196 times)
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 08:24:18 AM »

Well they say there's no such thing as bad publicity but in this case I'd have to disagree. 

Sad thing is this "bounty" probably came straight from the top otherwise I think they would have issued an apology by now.  What a way to run your business straight into the ground.   
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 08:31:27 AM »

I guess they're planning a meet right across Skunk2's corporate headquarters next Saturday.  They've even updated a few sites like wikipedia to add this debacle to the Streisand Effect.  Kinda funny.  I have a feeling that this may have ruined Skunk2's reputation enough and eventually lead to their downfall.

I would love to be there for this...
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 08:52:08 AM »

Most people are speculating that David Hsu is the one that is behind the whole "bounty" thing.  They took the bounty off their site and then posted a response. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 08:55:04 AM »

Ya there is even a post from one of the former employees on k20a saying that this is something the owner would do. Makes you wonder if BLOX and Megan are biting their nails right now ahaha
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 09:14:48 AM »

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99991

Blazed's response to skunk2's announcement on last page. (viewing from tapatalk it's the last page anyways)
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 09:35:25 PM »

Here's the response Austin posted.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1529490&postcount=125

I guess Skunk2 posted an update on their site too.  Seems like they're blowing smoke up someone's ass.

http://cms.skunk2.com/id/779/Tuesday-Update/

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 07:57:23 AM »

So apparently skunk2 has distributed and sold thousands and thousands of cams...and haven't had a defective cam since 2007...as a guy who works for an auto parts store, and has to deal with defective products everyday I can tell you right now that's such bullshit and so fucking unlikely it's not even funny. Even Honda and the other car manufacturers don't have a record that good. Not too mention all the threads to prove this claim wrong...LoL!

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 08:04:04 AM »

+1 to that I work part time in a parts store, and defects happen it's all about how you own up to those defects, and correct things that build a successful company. I’m pretty sure people expect some failure. No matter how good your quality control is something is going to get out that isn’t up to standards. It’s actually a problem with most large companies. From the sounds of things here most of there cams are failing, and they refuse to do anything about it. In my book that’s a problem, and will destroy them as a company.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »

I think the fact that they are blatantly lying to their customers and refusing to acknowledge the problems their parts are causing is going to hurt them.  There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that multiple products have caused catastrophic damage to a lot of motors.  This isn't limited to cams, but also their intake manifolds, throttle bodies, and fuel rails.  Either way, this attention is not good for the company.  It's sad to see the people that are "Skunk2 for life" and assume that none of their products have faults.  I guess the ignorance of those people will keep the company around a little longer.  I have a feeling that Dave Hsu will eventually run Skunk2 into the ground fueled by his greed and ego.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Skunk2 just act like a bunch of eThugs with their "giv us thur info nd ull git mad Skunk2 parts and monies yo!" bullshit.

Tim
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 01:41:06 PM »

soooo what happen? No protest? lol I heard over at H-T they thought it was a bbq...

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 03:03:18 PM »

No clue.  At this point, all I know is that Skunk2 will no longer get my business.  If anyone asks my opinion, I'll be obliged to share how I feel.

Tim
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 05:27:21 PM »

^This is how I feel
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012