Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:54:30 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Article About "Our Scene"  (Read 4042 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 12, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »

I came across this on another forum I spend a lot of time on.  I thought it was a really good read.  It definitely made me think.

Car Enthusiasts, Unite: A Public Service Announcement by Charles Kha

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 12:25:38 AM »

I agree with him too; it does seem like all of the sub genres have started bashing on each other. I try to appreciate every style even if I personally don't like the looks of it. For example, I'm not a huge fan of the super cambered VIP cars but I can definitely appreciate all the time and money put into building one. Honestly, this all kind of goes back to that old saying that everybody's mother has said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I know I have been guilty of this but who hasn't at least once in their lives; we're all human. But, I know after reading this I will for sure try to be a little more cautious of what I say.

Thanks for the post Tim, it was a good read. Not to mention some of the pictures were pretty nice. That Ferrari near the top was mint. I'm a sucker for older Ferraris...

- Bobby
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »

A good read and rings true. Unfortunately, it happens here as much as I hate to say it. Nice post Tim.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:24:31 AM »

Yeah.  It changed my perspective on things.  I try to be friendly and whatnot, but I know that I look down on some styles that I'm not crazy of.  I guess the only thing that I have trouble condoning is stuff that isn't safe.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:27:00 AM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 02:42:35 AM »

Great article. I am guilty of this but its only when I see riced out cars.. Sigh. I'll work on it.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 08:38:32 AM »

I seen and read this over on K20a. Got me thinking too. Maybe I should lighten up on the whole " Stance" thing. I like the look on some cars doing it, but not a lot. I'd rather drive then "hard park" or whatever but its hard for me to understand why negatively impact performance, safety, comfort and your only contact with the road (your tires) to be hellaflush. I feel the whole tire stretching stance thing, is the equivalent to a bulimic girl sticking her finger down her throat  to look good.

Another thing, why do they call it hellaflush if your tires are at like a 30 degree angle to the side of your car? Isn't that the opposite of flush?
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 08:53:14 AM »

Def a good read,  Thanks Tim.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
aTYpicalTYrant

Reputation Power: 1
aTYpicalTYrant pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 08:30:36 PM »

It is a good read. I've been a victim of alot of bashing because of my lack of knowledge n some of the things I was originally considering doing with my car (ricers dream). Since then I've matured n I can't lie alot of the stuff I was considering was In fact quite dumb IMO. It just sucks that the average car enthusiast is incapable of giving an opinion without ridiculing some1 to the point of alienation. Hopefully a happy medium can be found one day....
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 08:53:40 PM »

I don't like all styles of car modification, but I can appreciate good work put into cars.  I try not to be too harsh on people that have mods that don't suit my personal tastes.  I think there's a tactful way to try and steer people with questionable "tastes" in modding to at least make a better decision so they don't buy a part that would eventually break and possibly put them in danger.

Tim
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 11:06:48 PM »

That was definitely a good read. I admit myself that I have bashed some peoples' cars over on v6p for having ridiculous camber. Next time I have to make sure that I keep my personal opinions to myself, and instead inform them about certain dangers of running their car a particular way.

However, I think that a large part of the problem is that people like to show off their cars on the internet. I've seen a lot of cases where people would post threads showing off their cars, asking for people's opinions, and the replies would be nothing but attacks on the certain looks of that car. The second you ask for everyone's opinion on the internet, you're going to get waves of people that don't agree. It's impossible to have everyone think the same on the internet. That's just the way it is. So, until we simply stop asking for opinions online, this will always keep happening.

I just posted a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but I hope it makes sense, lol.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012