Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:41:39 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob question - what is this??  (Read 6491 times)
Gemini
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Gemini pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »

Ok, i have a 03 Accord EX V6 6MT that i just purchased last weekend. I've own a few Hondas but i'm a complete noob to there V6 setups. I was looking thru the engine bay trying to locate familiar items and i came across something that got me puzzled.

On the airbox, well on the round tube coming out of the bottom of the airbox(behind the battery) there is a sensor of some type there. There is no connector on it and I cant seem to find the connector  Embarrassed

Also, should there be more tubing connected to that tubing?

« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:14:23 AM by Gemini » Logged
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 12:11:23 PM »

Looks like some sensor somebody put there for no reason at some point in the car's life. It's definitely not supposed to be there. You buy it used?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Gemini
Fucking Newb

Gemini pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 12:23:27 PM »

yea, I purchased it used. Havent owned for a week yet lol. it does look odd and out of place, I thought maybe it was and airbox from another honda

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:59:10 AM »

Looks like a J series AIT sensor.  It's normally located on the intake manifold by the throttle body mount.  Maybe the last owner thought it would be a "performance" upgrade to have the AIT on the air box instead of the intake manifold so it would fool the ecu into thinking the air temps were lower and add fuel.  Is the AIT sensor wire extended in any way?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Gemini
Fucking Newb

Gemini pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 03:53:41 PM »

no extension of any wires as far as I can see.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 10:00:53 PM »

My money is on it being an AIT.  It's in the intake resonator before the filter?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 06:40:18 AM »

It is a IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor, someone was trying to use the relocation trick to try to gain a couple horses, so I guess you gat a nice little bonus part with the car.....

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »

Haha.  My guess was right.  Do I get a cookie?

Tim
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »

Wouldn't this just make things worse by making the car run richer?

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 11:49:25 AM »

Haha.  My guess was right.  Do I get a cookie?

- Mark
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 04:36:12 PM »

damn so what did they put in the old position? A bolt? or did they seal it with hopes and dream?

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 09:20:37 PM »

It seems like they just bought a 2nd IAT sensor.  The OP never really mentioned that something was out of place other than this extra sensor.  Do you have the IAT on the intake manifold still?

Tim
Gemini
Fucking Newb

Gemini pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »

It seems like they just bought a 2nd IAT sensor.  The OP never really mentioned that something was out of place other than this extra sensor.  Do you have the IAT on the intake manifold still?

Nothing is out of place at all....except for that sensor lol
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 09:27:18 AM »

So, you have the original IAT on the IM with the wire harness connected to it?

Tim
Gemini
Fucking Newb

Gemini pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 08:37:45 PM »

yup, I sure do.

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: