Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:19:31 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep in it the (Honda) family  (Read 9157 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »

Don't suck at all. I've owned multiple Hondas and multiple Toyotas. Hondas have had problems, and the Toyotas have not.
Every manufacturer has their problems dude. Its the nature of the beast. Compare track records of them all and that says a lot.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 07:54:18 PM »

Don't suck at all. I've owned multiple Hondas and multiple Toyotas. Hondas have had problems, and the Toyotas have not.

I think Toyota has had their fair share of problems too.  I can think of a few recalls that Toyota has had over the past few years.  I'm not saying that Honda is perfect either, because they've had plenty of shit wrong with their a/t's and we all know their current designs look like a rhino's asshole.  I just wanted to point out the fact that none of these companies are perfect.  It just seems that you've been turned off to Hondas because you got an Accord with a shitty transmission and then multiple shops hacked the repair.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 08:04:39 PM »

Not for nothing tim, but in mikes defense, that would turn me off too.  If I've had one bad experience, why would I want to repeat it.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 08:30:29 PM »

I agree.  If I were in Mike's shoes, I wouldn't want another Honda either. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 08:49:05 PM »

I think Toyota has had their fair share of problems too.  I can think of a few recalls that Toyota has had over the past few years.  I'm not saying that Honda is perfect either, because they've had plenty of shit wrong with their a/t's and we all know their current designs look like a rhino's asshole.  I just wanted to point out the fact that none of these companies are perfect.  It just seems that you've been turned off to Hondas because you got an Accord with a shitty transmission and then multiple shops hacked the repair.

Honestly this is my third Honda and the other two were bad experiences also (both MT's). I don't care how shitty the Trans design is and that the shops hacked it but, EVERY person I know with a V6 auto has had it rebuilt or replaced under 100K. I don't know what my next car will be but, I've had awesome luck with Toyota granted no company is perfect but, Camrys have treated me well.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »

That's cool man.  Go with what you like.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 09:37:27 PM »

Not opposed to Honda actually strongly considering the Accord as a daily and doing a Notchback build.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 10:17:58 PM »

I think it all depends on the year Accord you're planning on getting.  A notchback would be sick as hell.  You should back half it if you plan on taking it to the strip though. Grin

Tim
Pandapocalypse

Reputation Power: 1
Pandapocalypse pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »

This accord is my first honda as well.  I have to admit that I was one of those dufuses who thought I'd die before driving a honda but I have to say this is far and away the best car I've ever owned.  Here's a rundown:

1st-'84 camaro z28-destroyed via driver stupidity
2nd-'68 Fairlane-faster than crap...11mpg
3rd-'92 regal-p.o.s. beater
4th-grand prix gtp-fun and fast and built like crap
5th-Accord-so good so far
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2011/10/26/honda-accord-driver-in-maine-reaches-1-million-miles/?mod=google_news_blog

This dudes kept his honda accord for 1,000,000 miles.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 10:33:45 AM »

I saw that the other day, so cool
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 10:46:35 AM »

Thats sweet! I wanna see pics of the million mile accord. haha

I wonder if he got her too? Wink

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 10:44:14 PM »

Maniacs.

Tim
Gemini
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Gemini pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »

Yup, I'm the same, ive owned a 2 93 accords, 1 99 accord and this 03 v6 accord. Other than these Hondas i've owned a BMW 5 series (E34).
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012