Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:33:32 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep in it the (Honda) family  (Read 9159 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2011, 01:46:56 PM »

I was just curious to see how many people have gone back to Honda/Acura for theirs or their significant others cars. Just to list a few (see below)
I’ve enjoyed all of these cars, except for the shitbox V6 Accord. Do you guys see Honda’s forever in your future? Do you bleed Honda red?

2003 Accord
2004 Accord
2006 Accord
2006 S2000
2006 Odyssey
2007 TSX

As most of you know I’ve been at it hard lately to find a replacement car and it’s been tough. Then it hit me - go back to what you know. I think Tim said get another Accord, but TSX is basically just that. We’ll see if this 2006 TSX will be the one. I can definitely foresee buying another Honda in the future (S2000). The wife’s Ody has 75k on her, I can see getting a new one for her down the road. She loves her Honda. Maybe when I pay off my next car I’ll be smart and keep that as my DD and then buy an S2k as a play toy. Anyways, enough of my ramblings.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 02:28:14 PM »

I def bleed Honda Blue.  My first car was a '94 Accord Cpe LX (my dad bought it new in December of '93 and he kept it until I turned 16 and I bought it off of him.)

Family Honda Rundown:

Dad (all coupes):
- '82 Accord
- '84 Accord
- '87 Accord
- '94 Accord
- '09 Accord

Mom:
- '05 Oddyssey

Bro:
- '99 Civic Cpe EX

Me:
- '94 Accord Cpe LX
- '04 Accord Cpe EX-L V6 6MT

I had a ' 03 Monte Carlo LS (3.4 L) in between my 2 Accords and just hated the thing, there was always some problem with it, never anything really big, but enough to make me not want the car in less than a year.  Honda has been good to me.  The only thing that was beyond routine maintenance/normal wear and tear on the '94 was the ECU took a shit after 14 years.  And the only problems that I have had with the '04 are problems that I made (i.e. breaking stuff during installs).  Accords have been great to me, so yeah, I def plan on keeping Honda in my family, hoping next to upgrade to a TL, when I need 4 doors.

Everyone else in my family loves em too.  My mom was IN LOVE with her Oddyssey, but due to a sudden change in her job and an increased commute, she had to get rid of her Oddyssey for something more fuel efficient (she got tired of driving my dads accord to work, because its a stick).  The problem with that is that then we lost our snowmobile tower, so my mom traded her Oddyssey in for a Forte and my dad traded his Accord in for a Sorrento.  They wanted Honda's but we didn't have the money and Honda was willing to deal like Kia was.  They are both really nice cars, but they have their quirks, worst being not as advertised gas mileage.  On a recent trip down to NC I pulled just about the same mileage as my mom does in her Forte with my 7th Gen 6-6... retarded.  My bro is kind of the black sheep of the family... yeah he likes his civic, but he's always talkin about gettin an Audi... I just don't trust em, had too many friends with horror stories...

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 06:26:34 PM »

I bleed Honda red. My first two cars were craptacular GM products because they were cheap throwaway cars and I did exactly that with them. My first Honda was an 87 integra followed by a 90 integra with a brief hiatus in an 01 expedition. Traded that pile for my current accord.
The wife's first car was a 90 integra (auto) followed by the tl whcih was retired by the current rdx.
The Honda's were always good to me and I will remain loyal. BTW, each of them were modded one way or another. Mine more than hers, obviously.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 07:47:03 PM »

Funny enough, the Accord is the first Honda I've owned.  Before that I had GM's, VW's and a MB.  That being said, I did drive my ex gf's 5th and 6th Gen Accord.  That's what convinced me to get the 7th Gen I have now.  My wife has an 07 Fit, and other than it not having any balls at all, it's a pretty good car.  I'm not so brand loyal that I wouldn't get anything other than a Honda, but I do have a few Honda builds in mind in the future.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:32:13 PM »

Honda in my blood...hmmm question Let's see

Dad:
-in Jamaica:
-'88 Civic GL handed down to my uncle
-'96 Civic EX

-in the US
-'90 Civic Si (stolen in less than a week)
-'90 Civic SI (250K an still kicking)

Me:
-'91 Integra coupe ( first car)
-'00 Civic SI coupe (most fun the drive)
-'03 Accord V6 Coupe (most moded)
-future '10 TSX V6

Most of my close family & friends own Honda/Acura.

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:51:20 PM »

I forgot to mention my brothers dabbling in Honda's and my mom finally getting in on it with her 8th Gen av6 coupe. When I'm done, Honda will have taken over the family. Muahahahaha!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:55:57 AM »

I owned a 98 Accord before I bought my 07.  Although to tell you the truth, I bought the 07 mainly because of the great deal I got on it, not out of loyalty to Honda.  

I don't think I'd buy a new Accord though, not a big fan of the 08s and up. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 08:58:39 AM »

^I don't blame you man.  The 8th Gens are fugly.  Maybe the next generation will be better looking.  I also think the new design for the Civic looks like ass.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 10:02:26 AM »

I'm not overly brand loyal although Honda typically makes good product sans the transmission.  Automotive parity has increased over the years and there's lots of good stuff out there but I always start my search with Honda and Toyota.  I've had great success with the 5 or 6 Hondas I've owned and so far my Toyota is on par with that as well. 

Right now I'm eagerly awaiting the 2012 Camry.  Spy pics look good and the specs are pretty good as well.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 10:05:16 AM »

I unlike most of you will probably never buy another Honda.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »

This is my first and will probably be my last Honda.  Unless they come out with a truck that's a true off road vehicle.  (FJ Cruiser style). Then again I plan on keeping my car till it imploded on itself.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 02:38:27 PM »

You two suck.

accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 03:01:25 PM »

^+1

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »

Don't suck at all. I've owned multiple Hondas and multiple Toyotas. Hondas have had problems, and the Toyotas have not.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 04:02:01 PM »

I’ll most likely own another Honda but with their current line up, 100% no. Ridgelines are too expensive, Pilots are kind of woman-fied. If anything it would be an S2k *giddgy*. I’ll probably buy an F150 to haul my S2k to the track. *super epic fucking giddy*
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012