Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:16:26 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Exhaust Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 107826 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 31, 2012, 09:37:26 PM »

Somewhere in this thread, there's mention of a magnaflow resonator. I'd look for it but I'm posting from tapatalk right now.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: August 31, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »

You can add a "resonator" or muffler. If it were me, I'd get the largest diameter and longest Magnaflow muffler with the same inlet/outlet diameter as your exhaust that you can fit in that straight pipe section. For reference, I have a 6" diameter 30" long muffler on my 3" exhaust.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:24 PM »

You can add a "resonator" or muffler. If it were me, I'd get the largest diameter and longest Magnaflow muffler with the same inlet/outlet diameter as your exhaust that you can fit in that straight pipe section. For reference, I have a 6" diameter 30" long muffler on my 3" exhaust.

V6 3.0L; Coupe
5 x 14in. Muffler, 4 x 18in. Resonator; 2.0/2.25in. Tubing; 4.0in. Polished Stainless Tip; DUAL REAR EXIT

...So this already comes with a resonator where the arrow is pointing takes up 95% of the straight pipe, where would I stick another resonator...  can I weld it in right before the split off into the dual. Or should I take out that resonator and replace with a different one.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2012, 12:58:29 AM »

That's the V6 coupe set up.  Don't you have the K24 sedan exhaust?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 02, 2012, 04:20:29 AM »

Na Tim, Billy just recently bought a Magnaflow Dual Exhaust.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: September 02, 2012, 07:00:34 PM »

That's the V6 coupe set up.  Don't you have the K24 sedan exhaust?

Yea I had the stock exhaust forever, I got this because of the deal, I just had them add some extra straight piping to extend it so it fits. I'm actually liking the sound now that I drove the car today for awhile. Even on the highway it was a nice tone. I guess I just had to get used to it lolz.

...I read somewhere scrolling through this thread that adding a V6 exhaust will be a bit more louder on the i4, so I'm dealing with it lolz
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:02:33 PM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2012, 08:55:55 PM »

That is correct Billy.  Did you ever hear my car when I had the Greddy Evo2 on it?  It was out of control loud.  Even after I had the resonators replaced, it was still stupid loud.

Tim
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 02, 2012, 10:48:59 PM »

There was an S2k at the meet last night with an Invidia catback... Talk about fucking loud!  Look em up on youtube... Shits cray. Lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: September 03, 2012, 10:40:58 AM »

HKS Hi Power was the best exhaust I've ever heard on a S2000.  There was one guy that lived near me in MA that had an exhaust on his S2000 that made it sound like a fucking bike.  It was awful.

Speaking of loud exhaust, Cham's car has the loudest most brutal sounding exhaust systems on an Accord I've ever heard.

Tim
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 03, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »

There was an S2k at the meet last night with an Invidia catback... Talk about fucking loud!  Look em up on youtube... Shits cray. Lol
that exhaust is terrible.. my buddy had one when he had his S.. I hated riding in his car

My favorite sounding exhaust for the S is ASM..

- Mark
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 03, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »

I kinda like it... Lol.  Just dont think I could ever have one with it, especially not a daily.  But now a weekend warrior... Def! Cause thats wjat theyre supposed to be! Haha

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 03, 2012, 06:23:37 PM »

I kinda like it... Lol.  Just dont think I could ever have one with it, especially not a daily.  But now a weekend warrior... Def! Cause thats wjat theyre supposed to be! Haha
I couldn't take an exhaust that loud even for a weekend car

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: September 03, 2012, 11:07:06 PM »

How was the CT-E exhaust?  I know those are known for being loud.

Tim
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 04, 2012, 12:17:48 AM »

How was the CT-E exhaust?  I know those are known for being loud.
actually, it wasn't that bad.. it did drone a bit, but not incessantly bad that turning up the volume didn't fix..  some folks did comment that it was loud when driving next to me on the freeway, so I think it was definitely one of those exhausts that sounded louder outside the car than inside..  unlike my friends Invidia, which was stupidly loud both inside and outside the car..

Definitely quieter than an Invidia or the Js Racing 70RR..

I never did get a test pipe, which apparently helps with inside drone..

- Mark
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »

What sort of options are there for dual outlet k24 sedan?

A S I M O
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012