Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:25:30 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detailed 2005 Acura NSX Long Beach Blue Pearl  (Read 7313 times)
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »

This client found us via search for a detailer and was referred to us, once he got in contact; he came down to see what we could do with the car. He had attempted to do some polishing himself and was not able to achieve the results he wanted. The goal was to achieve as much gloss and depth as possible from this Long Beach Blue Pearl paint, being a triple stage: primer, base blue and candy blue pearl on top. Client knew that front end was repainted but we discovered while working on the car that most of was repainted; only roof, trunk and door molding were original paint. The paint shop matched the color well, but didn’t do too great of a job with the finishing touches (multiple runs, not blended well in some places etc). However looked well in the sun. Paint gauge was calibrated to be used on aluminum panels of the car, checked thickness of the paint and it was in 150micron range, so we were healthy in that aspect. Owner asked us to remove clear bra, which took us about 6-8 hours alone, because the quality of the bra was lacing and left most of the adhesive on the paint.
With all that said, we went the extra step to bring the car completely back to life, not that it was exactly resting near flat line either!

Products used
4” pads on PC and 2” pad on rotary for tight places)
Chemical Guys CitrusWash
Meguiars M105 with purple wool pad
Menzerna 203(power finish) with orange LC pad
Menzerna 85rd with black LC pad
P21S paint cleanser
P21S Total Auto Wash
P21S Wheel Cleaner
P21S finish restorer (exhaust tips)
BlackFire Wet Diamond (BFWD) paint sealant blue LC pad
Meguiars PlasticX on orange pad for taillights
Wolfgang Fuzion wax
Rejex (wheel sealant)
Poorboys Bold and Bright for tire dressing

Procedure:
Did test panel on spoiler, yellow and 105 left too much behind. Wool and 105 got everything in first pass, amazing how good this combo works.
* Clear bra was removed.
* Trunk and front hood underside was wiped with quick detailer; all hinge area was cleaned with brushes, q-tips and MF towels.
* 3 stage polish on whole car starting from back, front bumper was done last since adhesive was removed last. Whole car was sealed and left overnight to cure.
* Exhaust tips were in good condition so they were only polished with P21S finish restorer
* Engine was done as well, used TAW, brushes, and MF towels, rinsed with water from pump sprayer (not with water hose). But we forgot tot take pics Sad
* Whole car except for roof was done with: megs 105 and purple wool pad, Menzerna 203 and LC orange pad, Menzerna 85rd and LC black pad, P21S paint cleanser, BFWD and LC blue pad
* Roof - Menzerna 203 and orange pad, Menzerna 85rd and black pad, P21S paint cleanser, BFWD and LC blue pad
* Taillights - Megs 105 and wool pad on pass side, plasticX and orange pad on driver side, Menzerna 203 and orange pad, 85rd and black pad
* Wheels sealed with Rejex,
* Tires dressed with PB Bold and Bright

Onto pics
The wash
Car was rinsed and sprayed with TAW twice, washed with CitrusWash. Car was dried and water was blown out with air compressor from door jams and hard to reach areas, dried all leftover water, did test panel with clay and it was clean. Wheels cleaned with ez-brush and Swissvax brushes and p21s WC.

The trunk correction
Started with 3-stage polish on spoiler. Took spoiler off, cleaned old adhesive squares, replaced with new once. Polished underside of spoiler with Menzerna 203, wiped with p21s paint cleanser and sealed it. Left it aside.
Spoiler before

after

------------

after

spoiler removed

dried up wax was in a lot of palaces but that’s from owner waxing it himself. At least it had protection.

took paint readings and they were healthy in 150 micron range

Under spoiler on trunk there was good amount of oxidation, which we wouldn't able to remove without removing spoiler, customer oked to remove it if it was needed.

---------------

don’t mind polish on second spoiler, was going to start polishing and remembered to take 50/50 video

trunk sealed

sealant was removed next day from trunk, spoiler was put back on and sealed again

-------------
Taillights

rear bumper before and after (1st polish stage)

passenger quarter panel

Nick going over with 203 and orange after I did 105 and wool, just insurance step that we got all imperfections out

reflection of pass side

------------

driver side quarter panel and door

door handles and black plastic pieces were polished as well

various crevices were cleaned with small foam brushes to get dried wax off

roof

---------
after first 2 stages, car was polished with Menzerna 85rd and black LC pad and then went over with p21s paint cleanser, BlackFire Wet Diamond was applied to entire car and left it curing overnight. In morning car was rinsed down, dried with towels and air compressor. Wolfgang Fuzion wax was applied at this point (impressed how it comes off with no leftovers like some waxes. Paint looked deeper as well

final pics

---------

------------

feedback is welcome. deff enjoyed this one. Another special treat next week
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:54:35 PM by AV6NHBP6SPD » Logged

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
asnstyle22
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
asnstyle22 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:04 PM »

how long, in general, does a job like this take?
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:25 PM »

Nice work! Beautiful color!
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »

this one took us 3 days. id say about 30 hours between 2 of us so i guess about 15 hours each

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 09:12:24 PM »

Gorgeous car and great results with the detail!  The re-sprays is very apparent in lots of place, shame for such a nice car!  Does the owner have any plans to modify this beauty or are they planning on keeping it stock?

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 09:28:53 PM »

beautiful....

are these pictures included as part of their detailing package ?
thats a great way to pay off the camera if it were to be incorporated into the price..... i know if i had my car detailed i would be blown away by 50-100 killer pics of my car

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 08:38:35 AM »

Quote from: "Milan"
Gorgeous car and great results with the detail!  The re-sprays is very apparent in lots of place, shame for such a nice car!  Does the owner have any plans to modify this beauty or are they planning on keeping it stock?

he is in his 50-60 and didnt mentioned any mods that he plans. he got it to drive it and not to sit in garage

Misha
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 08:41:47 AM »

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
beautiful....

are these pictures included as part of their detailing package ?
thats a great way to pay off the camera if it were to be incorporated into the price..... i know if i had my car detailed i would be blown away by 50-100 killer pics of my car

we dont charge for pics, its pretty much just to show the work. we not pros in that area so cant realy charge for that, most of time we do it for  us and not for owner but they do ask sometimes to send them pics couse they dont have any good once(this owner did ask us to send pics). gona post it on acurazine and nsxprime( if Nick is on there)

Misha
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 10:09:02 AM »

gorgeous color

J u s t i n
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 10:48:04 AM »

That is an awesome color, and it came out great!!!
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 11:58:43 AM »

yeah man post em up

member of tsxclub and acurazine....so i'll see them over there too

awesome work, awesome car

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »

You guys do excellent work.  If it had an exotic, I'd send it to you!  Don't think my Ody deserves such treatment.  BTW, what does a job like this cost?
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 09:02:05 AM »

this job cost him $350 i think, cheaper then usualy couse its first of those car so its more of advertisement on that forum, we do have 2 more of those pending but guy wants us to come to him

this should be on acurazine today, waiting for Nick to add hi stuff to description and then ill post it there

Misha
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 04:57:11 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
this should be on acurazine today, waiting for Nick to add hi stuff to description and then ill post it there

you talking to me ?

i am nwinnie34 on tsx club
and winndogg34 on a-zine

did you want me to copy this link and post it over there ?

AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 05:32:22 PM »

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"

you talking to me ?

i am nwinnie34 on tsx club
and winndogg34 on a-zine

did you want me to copy this link and post it over there ?

no. i meant that Nick(gy who i work with and who owns Oakes detail) was waiting for him to edit intro so i can post it couse he has problem with pics if he posts my write up. like pics dont work or something. its on AZ now

Misha
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012