Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:43:46 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JDMJNKY's intro-mod log!  (Read 30986 times)
JDMJNKY

Reputation Power: 2
JDMJNKY pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2010, 06:37:57 PM »

Latest update...nothing fancy. I had to get mama's intake pipe fixed. I think it's time for a new coating-filter - pre-filter or bypass valve. The pre-filter is just water repellent not water proof, so I may go w/ the bypass valve.

Forgive & Forget, disrespect and redeem!!! Wink
JDMJNKY's ULTIMATE FOR SALE THREAD LISTING! <=== Click me
JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »

life, & bills etc have prolonged this debut of our accord, however disappointing it may be. 1st off it's nothing huge - because we don't have rims to "status", second I may have to find a new lip kit, or front lip if the 05 Mugen rep doesn't work out. On top of that if I get it to work, our car sits toooooooo low to even make it in our driveway ( drive way example ___/ ) and that means I'll have to buy some new coilovers before I put the kit back on, so it may just return to stock for now.  We are just happy we will be able to drive it again. The dumb part about it is, the car drives LOL but we just don't drive it. Just tooo picky, I don't like seeing a full painted car w/ a black bumper, or fully kitted up on stock rims so shame on me, and stupid me for causing myself hardship - win some, loose some. Sad

....and I want to thank Ion/Jon because w/ out him these teasers would not be possible, so afford-ably!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 04:42:29 PM by JDMJNKY » Logged

JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2010, 04:18:05 PM »

Good news.... Sold the regas, so now new wheels are on the way! Also got the interior detailed today. While I was outside today I found out my old mugen style mesh grill fits my asian bumper...Crazy LOL I could have skimped on a new grill hehe - but I like the asia grill anyway! Wink

JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »

8/27
YES THEY HAVE ARRIVED! I'm so happy, now I can continue w/ my day.... sneak peek time!

............18x9.5 +27 nt03 +m

8/30
Bumper went to paint today, rims  are at the shop Wink fender rolling scheduled for fri/sat!  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:51:55 PM by JDMJNKY » Logged

JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2010, 07:19:02 PM »

9/3/10 so this is a view of our sideskirt approaching garage entry. The front lip hangs about that inch gap lower................. so scary! It is impossible w/ a lip to enter our v grooved driveway Sad

Tony the fender roller about to do his magic

doing his magic

on the rears

JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2010, 10:51:17 PM »

9/7/10 so today our injen replacement filter arrived

I had to replace my $30 9005 Hi-Beam Connector

I Filled the Inspire - Infiniti Ballast harness conversion using dielectric silicone ( thanks Jashaa ) Tomorrow I will loom them for the "OEM" Look. A few more things need to arrive before they are installed nothing huge.

JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2010, 07:03:42 PM »

so I took some time out today to finish up the harnesses........... shot a quick vid for you guys too, hehe ( had to edit opening narration vid too long to send via Iphone )

Video Link ( action )

Harness pics

JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2010, 11:40:48 PM »

well guys haven't been on much lately because the wedding is this SATURDAY! I've been doing a lot of little this to the Accord to have it ready. Wife wants it for her wedding day. Since the headlights were installed I bought replacement hood shocks, and yesterday a fog light harness kit.

W/ this fog kit I had to do a ton of work, especially since I wanted to wire up a HID kit on the switch. I was helped by another v6p member and I will cut & paste what I did here.

The Diagram I was instructed to use

Quote from: nickkxo
FOGLIGHT HARNESS
Ok so on your foglight harness there should be 4 wires; Red, Blue, Green, and Black

Red: Should be the ones that run to your foglights(if you take off the black loom, you'll see this)

Blue: This wire is the one that powers your foglights, I cut off the end of that wire and attached one of these:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/itzbradx/Crimpterminal1.jpg

And then I connected that to the positive on the battery...This is how "coolblue07" told me I could do it...you can do my method or tap into the fuse box

Green: I drilled a hole right into the firewall, right where the gas pedal is, extend this wire and ran it into the the hole so I can splice it to the other green wire on the Switch Harness...also I used sealant to seal the wire to the hole

Black: This is the ground wire, connect it according to the HandAaccessorie Instruction...which is connecting it to the hood latch.

SWITCH HARNESS

Your switch harness should have 5 wires; Red w/ black stripe, Green, Red, Red w/ black stripe, and Black...in that order

The 2 Red wires w/ black stripes should be connected together(again if you take off the wire cover you'll see this)

Green: Will be connected to the other green wire that ran thru the firewall

The Third wire...which is the plain red wire is not used just leave it alone i guess

Black: This is the ground and I connected it to the ground from my sunroof switch

- pics of the aftermarket harness

My HID kit

unplugged & separated

Sooooooooooooo.... after conversating w/ Nick for a short while on AIM, I was able to accomplish my switch install. Nick is a helpful man of great patience. LOL! Thanks Nick. I also Had to watch a few youtubes in between. My Accord knowledge is not extensive. Sad

I chose to use the cig lighter for my 12v ( as well, thanks Nick ). These helped me to get there - For us auto guys, "not an ashtray" has to be pried up using a small screw driver, like mini small. Then I used My plastic pry tools to free up the console.

http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm

I spent alot of time prepping my course of action, extending wires, soldering, modifying etc etc.... not all necessary but I chose to.

5 Wire Green Switch - Colors in order ( I do not know why it mattered but it works, so therefore it does )
- Black
- Red/Black ( de-pin from connector )
- Red
- Green
- Red/Black ( splice removed R/B into this R/B )

After you de-pin the connector it should look like

* If your harness is like mine - The red/blk farthest from the black is spliced into the R/B you de-pinned first. I just cut it off and re-pinned it where the 2nd R/B was. *

I used some extra pins I had, to make a male female connector for my in car harness. Why? JIC I ever need to R&R any component. I will do the same for my green wire that is to be connected later to fog harness.

(9/13/2010).................until tomorrow  that's all I got documented. GNYT!

Here's the switch after you have repinned it as mentioned earlier.

Now it's a 4 - wire
- Black
- Red ( solid )
- Green
- Red / Black

So I got all down and dirty for a short spell today, finishing up just the fogs harness and testing it. nothing hardwired yet besides the ground @ sunroof, batt +  w/ butt connector and the 12V+ into accessory outlet.

( routing 12v )

then I decided to loom it and re-route it, along oem lines - hardly noticeable too Smiley

For the Green wire I extended it through the a/c heater blower line hole. I pulled the rubber grommet w/ needle nose pliers, and fed the extended green through it and past the firewall inside the cabin.

testing @ K.O.E.O ( key on engine off )

* Now I need to figure out how to make my HID kit work w/ my fogs. It has 3 connectors, and Especially since it's not H11. I will de-pin that harness as well for testing.

HID

Fog ( x2 connectors on pic'd )

Back w/ good news....HID Fogs are a go! Time to button up the project and complete install of HID kit, fogs and bumper won't be installed til thur/fri. The tough part is over

so I took this loose connector ( your kit may vary, this one I had laying around ) of my HID kit & plugged in my de-pinned fog light connector for testing. ( USE THE CONNECTOR ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF VEHICLE when wiring permanently or only one side will illuminate. )

Switch off - HID off

Switch on HID on

video of operation

BIG THANKS TO NICK! :bang:  :bang:  :bang:  :bang:  :bang:

Yes sir, switch works buy doesn't fit my console, going to see if Honda has one tomorrow, if not I will return this switch. My fogs are H11. My hid plug to the fog harness was not. So it's H11-ish now haha. Actually, my old h11 harness plugs right in so I just pinned it to the new harness, and I tested it all already. I'll post pics in about 5min.

My old H11

vs new

just re-pinned

Final install on car, I think it's pretty clean.

Final on car test - then buttoned it all back up inside

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:45:08 PM by JDMJNKY » Logged

J-PoweredAccord
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
J-PoweredAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2010, 09:35:12 PM »

Cant wait to see the end results. love the car and the Gold rims