Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:06:45 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: profile: 06accordcoupe  (Read 20047 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 11:23:07 AM »

True. I believe it's all the VP's.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
06accordcoupe
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
06accordcoupe pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 05:35:08 PM »

It feels more stable with the thicker RSB so it's a good upgrade for anyone that wants better handling.  Smiley

RSB, bushings and supports only $56 from acura dealer.

remove 6 bolts, put in new sway bar tighten 6 bolts and done.

put car on jackstands for more room to work in.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »

Nah. Its more fun when the car is dropped and you don't jack it up. Oh yeah! Lets not forget about the rounded allen heads on the original endlinks. Fun stuff.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »

Lets not forget about the rounded allen heads on the original endlinks. Fun stuff.

This. The biggest pain in the dick ever. Great cheap mod though.

Oh yeah, I'm way late to the party but, Welcome!

- Bobby
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 08:24:43 PM »

A torch fixes those mofo's real quick!
06accordcoupe
Fucking Newb

06accordcoupe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 11:39:01 PM »

lol lucky for me everything went smooth. i even replaced a broken endlink on the front sway bar before i replaced the RSB. Endlinks are 18 bucks a piece from the dealer. If you have rusted endlinks with rounded off hex bolts you need to buy new endlinks.

wish i didn't get a damn rash on my hands every time i work on my car though.

If you guys have bitch hands like me, you gotta wear gloves. lol
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 08:01:10 AM »

The OEM ones are shit. A lot of the guys that replaced theirs have used Moog ones with great success. I haven't replaced mine because they still work and I use vise grips instead of allen wrenches like a bauce.

06accordcoupe
Fucking Newb

06accordcoupe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »

Yeah on the endlink i replaced i broke the four dots and grabbed the metal part with channellocks. Not quite like a bawz. lol

OEM endlinks r fine with me, i think they're supposed to break in case you hit a huge pothole like i did. you replace the endlink instead of the sway bar. I figure if the endlink doesnt break the sway bar is gonna bend and then you would have to replace the sway bar, but what do i know i'm not a mechanic.

gonna get a strut bar now. what brand you recommend, Z?

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »

Honestly, OEM 6 speed. Best bang for the buck.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 09:56:02 PM »

The sway bar will not break under normal road conditions.  It actually acts like a spring, so it's under tension.  Do you have a front sway bar?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
06accordcoupe
Fucking Newb

06accordcoupe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 11:50:56 PM »

Yeah i got the stock front sway bar, but i replaced the endlink that broke when i hit a pothole a while ago. The FSB is still ok.

Drove on a twisty road today and man that was fun with the new RSB. My brother drove it after i installed the RSB and he was impressed, he usually drives a truck though. lol

Was debating whether to get the neuspeed or OEM 6mt strut bar and I'm leaning toward the neuspeed strut bar cos of easier installation.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 11:54:36 PM »

I have both.  The OEM one isn't much harder to install than the Neuspeed.  Also, I meant have you upgraded your front sway bar.  It appears that the answer is no.  You may want to consider doing that.  It's well worth it if you want to reduce oversteer.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
06accordcoupe
Fucking Newb

06accordcoupe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »

I wanna do a few other things before i do the front sway bar.

strut bar (neuspeed)
front lip  (oem hfp 03-05
new rims (undecided)
j pipe      (undecided)
paint job

as long as my car stays reliable i'll keep modding Smiley

06accordcoupe
Fucking Newb

06accordcoupe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »

Found a polished neuspeed strut bar and installed it today in the morning. Easy half hour install, with my brother's help.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:01:03 AM by 06accordcoupe » Logged
06accordcoupe
Fucking Newb

06accordcoupe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 05:22:25 PM »

Droid Dance! Droid Dance! Droid Dance! Car's paid off  Droid Dance! Droid Dance! Droid Dance!

I'm happy to post that today I paid off my car 5 months ahead of schedule. I'll have an extra 300 bucks a month for beer and strippers. lol
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012