Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 06:37:17 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Profile: No_boost  (Read 5726 times)
No_b00st
Fucking Newb

bwaAAAAHHHH nope

Reputation Power: 1
No_b00st pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:22:32 AM »

Ride: 2007 Honda Accord EX 4Dr
Color: Grey
Engine: 2.4L K24
Tranny: 5-speed manual
Miles: 38k

Interests: Cars, Music, Movies
Organizations: www.carthrottle.com/
Awards:

Mods Installed: Corsport Aluminum shift cable bushings
Sylvania Silverstar Ultra L/H beams
Comptech short shift adapter
17mm Acura TL rear sway bar
Honda leather shift knob

Mods Waiting for Installation:

Future Mods and Plans:
TSX IM
Hondata IM Gasket
SRI
Hawk pads
Bilstein/H&R suspension
TL-S F/R sway bars (27.5/20mm)
TL 17" wheels (5-spoke)
Honda Foglights

Car History: purchased at 33k miles from a local carmax.  It's a grey color with tan cloth, 4cyl, 5-speed manual.  Replaced my Saab 900 Turbo, who's transmission imitated a hand grenade

Pictures:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:27:23 AM by No_b00st » Logged
quoc
Fucking Newb

quoc pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 10:59:03 AM »

Welcome to forum!!! Can't wait to see what you do to your car in the future. Enjoy
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 10:59:23 AM »

Welcome to the Elite James. You will find a whole lotta quality info for your ride on here as well as an incredible assortment of personalities  >Cheesy

By the way, from the pic of your car, it looks as if you have a Carbon Bronze Pearl Accord rather than a "Grey" one.

Enjoy your stay and good luck when the mod bug hits you  Grin

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:12:51 AM »

Welcome to ECM
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »

Welcome, like the color.
No_b00st
Fucking Newb

bwaAAAAHHHH nope

No_b00st pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »

Thanks for all the welcomes!

quoc: me too!  I've been having fun finding OEM upgrades for the car so far.  I am always a fan of bolting on better manufacturer parts.  The first thing about the car that bothered me was the shifter, so I went whole hog on that and now it is awesome Smiley  Next will be some suspension work.  I listed the RSB in the wrong heading, it's actually in my trunk right now - I found out you can't use the stock support bushing brackets with the bigger bushes of the TL bar, so I am waiting till tomorrow for my nearby Acura dealer to get the parts.

Mr Eazy: the mod bug bit me a long time ago Smiley  My last car (Saab 900 Turbo) was pushing 17psi of boost through a straight pipe exhaust, among other things.  The one before that (a VW Jetta that was junk) had a lot of suspension work done too.  I can't leave well enough alone.  Also, thanks for the heads up on the color.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 08:30:43 AM »

Welcome.  Be careful.  My car was stock at one point.  Now it's beyond the point of no return.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
No_b00st
Fucking Newb

bwaAAAAHHHH nope

No_b00st pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 01:11:42 PM »

Welcome.  Be careful.  My car was stock at one point.  Now it's beyond the point of no return.

they all start out stock Smiley

I think this motor needs more GT2860RS
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 02:33:06 PM »

It fares well with an Eaton M62 also. Wink

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
jdmaccord

Reputation Power: 7
jdmaccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 02:35:57 PM »

welcome to the forum....I would say your car needs a bit of a drop but then i noticed no suspension upgrades in your future mods list.
No_b00st
Fucking Newb

bwaAAAAHHHH nope

No_b00st pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 09:22:26 AM »

welcome to the forum....I would say your car needs a bit of a drop but then i noticed no suspension upgrades in your future mods list.

jury's still out.  I like the way it rides, right now I'm focussing on it needing more power.  I have the 17mm rear sway bar in now, and it's quite a nice step up but I am already thinking maybe I should've gotten the 20mm!

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »

Personally, I wouldn't do the 20mm with the stock suspension and even less with the stock tires. Oh yeah, welcome to the elite.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 09:52:10 AM »

Here’s my 2c, for what they’re worth. I don’t see modding an Accord engine. True, it does take well to mods but like most enthusiasts you always want more than the typical intake, headers, exhaust. I just don’t see the point to add the ‘little mods’.

But work with what ya got, as they say in motorcross.."run whatcha brung!"
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 01:53:01 PM »

The Accord motors do well with some boost.  You can make 300 whp with a home grown turbo set up.  I'd be careful though.  Adding just a rear sway bar will make your car less "neutral" and cause oversteer.  It's best to upgrade both front and rear sway bars.  I'd also reconsider other suspension upgrades.  You don't have to go low, but a mild drop with a stiffer suspension will improve handling and the safety of your vehicle.  There's no point in having more power if you can't control it or keep yourself safe.

Tim
No_b00st
Fucking Newb

bwaAAAAHHHH nope

No_b00st pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 11:26:41 AM »

The Accord motors do well with some boost.  You can make 300 whp with a home grown turbo set up.  I'd be careful though.  Adding just a rear sway bar will make your car less "neutral" and cause oversteer.  It's best to upgrade both front and rear sway bars.  I'd also reconsider other suspension upgrades.  You don't have to go low, but a mild drop with a stiffer suspension will improve handling and the safety of your vehicle.  There's no point in having more power if you can't control it or keep yourself safe.

you raise some good points, however
I didn't find the handling balance to be all that "neutral" from the factory with the stock 13mm sway bar.  too much body roll, not enough front end grip.  I would actually prefer trailing throttle oversteer to terminal understeer.  I agree that the whole suspension could use an upgrade (as long as I'm not scraping the oil pan) but I've always found sway bars are the best place to start with a stock suspension.

I don't think I'll go the coilover route with this car, I generally find the ride on most coilovers to be offensive and they're usually pretty noisy.  The appeal of an "install and forget" setup like Bilstein HD's and H&R springs is hard to deny, that's probably the route I'll go when I have more money.  I've updated my profile thusly.

as for power, I was really just kidding about the GT2860RS, I plan to keep this one for a long time and don't want to boost it.  When I have the money (aka post-graduation with a job) I want to get a GMC Syclone/Typhoon for that purpose  Angry I've been researching the compatability between K20A2 head and my car's block, it sounds like an intriguing concept.  More power is definetely in the works but above all must remain reliable.

thanks everyone!

-James
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012