Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:02:49 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V6 Short Ram Intake  (Read 19968 times)
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 06:50:15 PM »

I believe he stopped making them from lack of interest. 

Cry that sucks... looks like I'm back to searching for something of this quality.
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 08:10:22 PM »

Just make one yourself. It is actually pretty simple, it just wont have the relocated AIT bung and the nice mounting hardware. I think someone dyno'd using a 4 inch intake they made and it made more power than an AEM V2. Here are two different threads about it:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/7g-performance-discussion/213433-my-4-intake-project-testing-begins.html

And here is a DIY on how to make one but his is a CAI:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/7g-performance-discussion/214879-how-4-cai-intake.html

Also, this one isn't a 4 inch intake but it is a made-from-scratch intake:

http://elitecm.net/forums/index.php?topic=3889.0

- Bobby
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 08:27:12 AM »

Cry that sucks... looks like I'm back to searching for something of this quality.

If you want a name brand intake, look for the K&N Typhoon CAI/SRI on ebay.  It converts to either style in just a few minutes.  I keep it as a SRI myself.  Sounds great and looks nice in the engine bay.  
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »

Thanks for all the feed back guys. Problem is, in Canada we pay up the wazoo for performance parts... it's brutal. The custom intake is the only cost-effective way to do it. I've found some 3" piping that I might just buy and mod myself to make it work. The 4" is very tempting but relocating the battery, or swapping for smaller, is not something I'm thinking of doing so it looks like 3" is the largest diameter I can do.

If anyone wants to sell their intakes, let me know! 
2i2dk1ny2i3
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
2i2dk1ny2i3 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2015, 11:48:02 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, I thought these intakes are not good for the car because they bring in hot/warmer air from the engine bay than the cooler air that is in the bumper. Warmer air is less dense than colder air so it has less O2 in it, thus less power.

agreed...power differences from a SRI and CAI are apparently based on piping bringing in colder Air

i made mine out of an old CAI Injen piping from a different ride and put some air ducts to bring in colder air

will take pics soon
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012