Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:51:28 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well I'm done  (Read 8888 times)
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 08:59:55 AM »

Since it's almost paid off and the tranny is covered under warranty, I see no reason to get rid of it.  Unless you just really love seeing that monthly car bill show up in the mail.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 09:22:53 AM »

Well in my current situation I have enough expendible income to handle a car payment. The other thing I'm begining to think about is that my coupe is really not practical at all. I'll probably keep it until I find a steal of a deal somewhere but, I have a feeling it won't be anything sporty. Probably going to end up with a smaller SUV.
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 10:24:23 AM »

bummer to hear about this mike.  it sounds like the best bet is to keep it through the warranty.  as your dad put it, you already paid for it so if anything else goes wrong with the tranny its covered for a while.

J u s t i n
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 10:41:30 AM »

Yeah I think i'm going to hold onto it unless I find a steal on something else.
mitchigan

Reputation Power: 1
mitchigan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 11:23:03 PM »

Probably going to end up with a smaller SUV.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, except I only don't want my CM anymore because I need a family hauler.

CM66 Taffeta White J30A4
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 07:40:30 AM »

Thats sort of my situation also. We are about to buy a house so I need to have the ability to transport some stuff that I'll need.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »

Just talked to the shop. They have to take it out and rebuilt it again. Should be done early next week.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 04:48:23 PM »

Update: Of course I couldn't get out of this for free. Turns out that there is a bad motor mount ($200), and they are going to install a transmission cooler ($200)... Nothing is free in this world I guess!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 05:15:48 PM »

That's a bullshit excuse Mike.  Tell them to S the D and replace that shit for free.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »

Well the motor mount was toast before hand. They are actually installing that for the price of the parts sense it's already off. I honestly didn't even know the car had a transmission cooler but, I asked them to keep the old one, and show me the new one after install. The cooler isn't covered under warranty I looked it up.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 10:36:09 PM »

$200 for a rear mount, OK, but if it is the front or especially the pass side, hell no.

Parts 9,12,13 are the mounts...

http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2005&catcgry3=2DR+EX+%28V6%29&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=ENGINE+MOUNTS+%28V6%29+%28AT%29&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&systemcomp=List+All&prdrefno=&quantity=0&act=&count=0&hidSwitch=&hidIrno=

Part number 1 for $126 is the "cooler assy", which I have about 8 sitting here.

http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2005&catcgry3=2DR+EX+%28V6%29&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=AT+OIL+LEVEL+GAUGE+%28V6%29&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&systemcomp=List+All&prdrefno=&quantity=0&act=&count=0&hidSwitch=&hidIrno=

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 11:00:44 PM »

I was wondering if that "warmer" was the tranny cooler they were talking about. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2010, 12:55:46 AM »

I'm going to have to ask them which mount it is. Unfortunately I can argue but, my backs kind of against the wall.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 12:58:03 AM »

They described the mount as being between the engine and transmission. Not sure if that helps determine which one it is. I figure i'm getting taken advantage of a little. I'll be sure to bring up these prices Monday when I talk to them I'm sure they are probably tacking on a delivery charge and all that other shit.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:00:13 AM by lavalleemike » Logged
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012