Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:35:49 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well I'm done  (Read 8885 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2010, 08:52:43 PM »

Well every one I'm done the last straw came today as I pulled into my driveway today after a weekend in NH, and my tranny blew again. Its still under warranty from when I had it rebuilt but, I'm pretty much done with it. At this point I don't feel I can trust this car. Of course being my luck the actual Aamco place the rebuilt it went out of business so now I have to bring it to another one to have the work done. When my car comes back I'm going to take off what little mods I have and trade it in for something more reliable. Maybe a TSX or something. I just can't deal with this shit anymore.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 09:35:38 PM »

That sucks to hear Mike.  I'm sorry that a shop's shoddy work is what causes you to get rid of your car.  I hope you get a TSX.  That seems to be a trend for people on this site.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »

I'm going to have it rebuilt again obviously at a different Aamco. I have to see whats up tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a nightmare to deal with. Right now the list goes 1. TSX 2. V6 6 speed 3. 4 cyl 7th gen 4. Civic SI. I love the G35 but, I can't justify the cost. I can say for a fact that I will never own another car with an Automatic transmission.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:37:07 AM by lavalleemike » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »

You may want to fix choice #3.  They don't exist. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 10:08:58 PM »

As i said on fb mike, that sucks. My list looks alot like yours. GL bro
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 12:13:43 AM »

That's sucks and I had a similar experience with aamco rebuilding a tranny on one of my old cars. Shit blew up a few months after the warranty expired on the highway 6 hours away from home. Thanks to that, I will never trust an autotragic domestic.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 07:33:34 AM »

Thankfully I bought a 3 year extended warranty. Of course everything becomes more complicated when the original shop went out of business. I have to make the call in about a half hour. I'm just thankful it didn't happen halfway to VA when I'm supposed to see Paul at the end of the month. I have to decide if it's even worth making that trip now. I really want to trade this thing in at this point.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »

Well, if your trip down to Paul's involves a 6MT swap, then yes its worth it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 10:50:11 AM »

It doesn't but, the timing belt still needs to be changed. I don't know what direction to go in. My car is very close to paid off and not having a payment sounds like a really good time.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »

Question for you all. I'm close to paying off my Accord. I have the balance of the AAMCO 3 year 36000 mile warranty that I purchased. Should I keep my Accord, and pay it off then sell it just before the tranny warranty is out?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 08:14:44 PM »

That would be a great way for you to accumulate money for a new car.

Tim
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »

It doesn't but, the timing belt still needs to be changed. I don't know what direction to go in. My car is very close to paid off and not having a payment sounds like a really good time.
Now you see why I've been going back and forth about getting a new car. I've been car noteless for 5 months now and it feels oh oh oh yeah so good  Shocked

But, having a new car feels almost as good...Good luck Mike
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 09:11:49 PM »

Its not even the not having a payment thing. The way my Dad put it sort of made sense. I paid for the warranty I may as well use it. We will see what the guy at the Aamco says. He seems less shady than the one that went out of business. My front lip got a little fucked up going onto the trailer. Car was to low at stock height. Ended up having to pull the lip off.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 12:38:30 AM »

AAMCO for tranny work? really?

sorry to hear about the car trouble Mike, hope it works out for you..

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 07:27:13 AM »

Well initially it's the only place the warranty would cover the work from. They offered a 3 year/ 36000 mile nation wide warranty so I took the bait figuring I'd keep the car that long. I talked to a few people and they expressed that AAMCO is hit or miss. Hopefully this time ends up better than the last couple. There really aren't many other options local to me. There is 1 or 2 other tranny shops in my area that would even consider working on a Honda.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012