Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:30:36 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VTEC not kicking in Yo!  (Read 17656 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »

Thats pretty good news I feel
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »

Yea it is good news until call # 2 I recieved tonight. They trying to tell me they cleared 4 codes (of which I dunno of yet) and all the work they put in so far $440... They trying to tell me it will be more once they find the short from the map sensor. I was like you told me if I have you do the work the diagnosis fee $110 is waived... he wanna tell me that since they have to still put in time to find the short the price is going to be more, well you know im not having that. I was like wtf why can't you just replace the harness instead of finding the short and putting a bandaid on it. Now he said he will get me a price on the map sensor harness tomorrow... if they wiave that $110 diagnosis fee I'll be fine. I still wanna see what the outcome price will be when everything is fixed! Every estimate that I have ever gotten for them from my car to my brothers car to my mothers car has always been in the $400range so funny with them @ Honda. If im unsatisfied with the price I will be contacting Honda Motor Corp.

Well this is my latest update!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 09:01:58 PM »

The only harness im coming across would be the engine harness...  isthis what they talking about..?

Part #1 in this diagram...

Or maybe part #1 in this diagram...

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 10:36:29 PM »

I was going to say that there's no MAP sensor harness.  You would only be replacing the engine harness.  There's nothing wrong with having the short repaired, but that kinda concerns me that there was a "short".  I have a feeling that they are just saying "short" because they are either uneducated, or assume you are.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 10:58:14 PM »

I was going to say that there's no MAP sensor harness.  You would only be replacing the engine harness.  There's nothing wrong with having the short repaired, but that kinda concerns me that there was a "short".  I have a feeling that they are just saying "short" because they are either uneducated, or assume you are.

I was saying the same thing when they said map sensor harness... I just rolled with it and researched when I get home, ima see what they say tomorrow. Now if they say the map sensor harness again I will be better prepaired with the facts to argue.

>Cheesy

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2010, 03:58:26 PM »

Ok so here's the latest I got from them...

Have to replace ECU because their getting no reference to the PCM from the map sensor, egr sensor or the throttle sensor. So the final cost plus taxes is $1297 and I should have my ride on Tues. Wed. the latest! Im warrantied for a year on everything done...

I just don't get how a 7 year old car that has never given me problems all of a sudden has ECU issues. Wtf? Is this normal for 7th gen'z cuz I don't recall anyone on here having this issue.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »

That's really odd. I'd get a second opinion/ diagnosis.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 05:17:26 PM »

+1

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2010, 05:19:45 PM »

Id get an ecm  from a junk yard and save some cash. Install is pretty simple
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 05:24:42 PM »

+1

Tim
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 08:49:32 PM »

Geez $1297....I'd get a second diagnosis from a shop that's not a Honda and see what they say. Could it be the MAP sensor that's really bad and not the ECU? I know sometimes if that sensor is screwed up, the car would stall.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 11:08:55 PM »

At this point I dont care they gonna fix it and warranty it. The car starts up but when shifted into gear it stalls so im screwed on getting it out from there unless it's towed again! Now that I know I don't have Honda Care warranty I will never go back to a Honda dealer again. I will eat this one up this time but never again. Im getting a new ECU so I shouldnt haveany problems of this nature again for a long time!

I just want and need my car back asap... A second opinion would be key and getting a used ECU as well but I'd rather go with new.

Anyways thanks for all the input guys, always appreciated!!!

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010, 04:29:30 PM »

So these are my codes:

P0107
P0122
P0425

Of course their is no explanation of these codes in the CEL codes thread!  Flippa!

...and code p1298 -Electrical load detector circuit high voltage (guess these means I fried the ECU...?)  >Cheesy

Either way new ECU will be in tomorrow! Hopefully wednesday I will have my baby back.  Smiley

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 07:42:26 PM »

P0107 = Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input
P0122 = Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input
P0425 = Catalyst Temperature Sensor (Bank 1)

Hope everything works out for ya Billy.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010, 09:32:10 PM »

So these are my codes:

P0107
P0122
P0425

Of course their is no explanation of these codes in the CEL codes thread!  Flippa!

...and code p1298 -Electrical load detector circuit high voltage (guess these means I fried the ECU...?)  >Cheesy

Either way new ECU will be in tomorrow! Hopefully wednesday I will have my baby back.  Smiley

well if you got code p1298 it could of been a bad ELD "stands for electronic load detector" maybe that went bad and sent wrong signals to ecu causing a stall and interfering with your other sensors but $1297 is way to much wow

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012