Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:11:37 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VTEC not kicking in Yo!  (Read 17655 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 11:09:46 AM »

From what I remember from reading about tranny issues in general this means the your Trasmission computer is throwing a code. It could be anything from and open circuit to a malfunctioning shift solenoid. Bring it to the dealer and have them check it out. Driving it at this point can only make things worse. CEL could also be displayed for a solenoid issue. I had that happen in one of my other cars. Just beware at the dealer they don't like to open transmissions up to fix issues they just like to replace the whole unit ($4000) when if it's just a solenoid the work can generally be done for far far less than the cost of a transmission. I had one replaced in a Camry trans for under $300. Keep in mind non of this is gospel it's just what I recall from reading threads about Tranny issues.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 11:19:26 AM »

What was the CEL code?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 11:42:54 AM »

Don't know the cell code as I am still on the side of the road!

So I had to call a tow truck because when I go to move the car is shuts down. So im just waiting, called Honda to let them know of the problem and that I was dropping the car off via tow truck... thank god im covered under warranty still and the extended warranty!

Updates as I get em will be posted!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 11:54:51 AM »

Take advantage of the warranty bud.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 12:38:45 PM »

I think you have a solenoid issue but, warranty is good to have. I just had my shit rebuilt for the 4th time under warranty.
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 12:45:09 PM »

Good thing you got that warranty Billy. Hope you get that problem fixed in no time.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 02:59:32 PM »

Well turns out I DON'T have warranty anymore that is expired 2009. Since myride was originally bought in 2002 the warranty was 7 years or 100,000 miles whatever comes first... im only at 95,000 miles and the 7 years already passed so basically im fucked!
Cry

Car presently @ Honda waiting for the call on the diagnosis and see what my damage is. So far im in the hole for $121 tow truck cost....
Lips Sealed

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 03:16:33 PM »

if it gets crazy expensive call Honda of America they tend to do alot of helping under good faith in these type of situations.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 03:32:10 PM »

if it gets crazy expensive call Honda of America they tend to do alot of helping under good faith in these type of situations.

Well im calling them now just to see what they can do... hey you never know. Im going toplay stupid and say I thought it expired 10.15.10 instead of 10.15.09... 

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »

Well that sucks, nothing they will do.... 

Cry

Ima have a change of heart on Honda's now... Ive owned quite a few too. Well all I can do is wait for my call on what the cost will be. I will keep you guys posted on what the diagnosis is for future referrence!

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 03:44:40 PM »

Call back after you find out what the cost it. Tell them you bought a Honda because of the reliability and you feel that you've been cheated.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 04:03:38 PM »

Ima have a change of heart on Honda's now... Ive owned quite a few too

I'm with you there Billy. My TSX has been in the shop almost 3 days...It's under warranty though.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 06:05:56 PM »

It's all cars in general they don't make them like they used to.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »

What a shame.

Tim
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 05:44:23 PM »

Spoke with my service advisor and he said there is a short between the map sensor and the ecu (engine...) that they trying to pin point it. I asked for the CEL code and he said he didn't have the paper work it was still with the person working on the car.

I just want my car for sunday thats all I ask....

Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012