Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:04:00 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Diagnosis Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Supercharger  (Read 15629 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 06:16:26 PM »

Now I am utterly confused. Today after washing my car, I turned it on to put it back in the garage. Now the whining can be heard while in park, and you can hear it when revving in park as well. It didn't do that before. So, I parked the car on the driveway, and sprayed WD-40 on only the tensioner pulley. Started the car back up, still there. Sprayed WD-40 on the P/S pulley, same thing. Sprayed some on the alternator pulley, same thing. The whine never went away. It seems like it's gotten louder.

Fucking camcorder barely recorded the whine. You can hear it the most at 2500-3000RPM on the video.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »

I can't hear it at all...why don't you take video with the hood open from the front of the car???

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 09:33:07 PM »

Quote from: "sherker55"
I can't hear it at all...why don't you take video with the hood open from the front of the car???
You can't even hear the whine if you stand in front of the car. You can only hear it when inside with the doors closed.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »

I think it's time to blow up your car Jeff.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 04:51:22 PM »

I took my passenger front wheel off today and listened to the crank pulley while having my sister rev the car... nothing. I tried listening along the exhaust piping... nothing. Right now I'm like what in the fuck...

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »

Quote from: "sherker55"
SHIT!  I read this whole damn thread cause I thought it was talking about Jeremy!

HAHA That's funny!  :think:
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 07:49:16 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff"
I took my passenger front wheel off today and listened to the crank pulley while having my sister rev the car... nothing. I tried listening along the exhaust piping... nothing. Right now I'm like what in the fuck...

Like Tim said above:
Quote from: "timot_one"
I think it's time to blow up your car Jeff.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 04:35:16 PM »

Aha! I put the OEM serpentine belt back on today, and the noise went away! Although that doesn't explain why I couldn't hear the noise when standing in front of the engine bay. What would this whining noise indicate anyways? That the belt is too tight? I guess now I've got to return this belt and look for a 7.50" one.

What other brands should I be looking at? Neither Gates nor Goodyear carry a 70.50" belt.

Edit: I found a Dayco brand (part # 5070705); it is 63/64" wide, 70.50" long, and has 7 ribs. That looks like the one I would need. But is Dayco a trustworthy brand?

Edit2: I just compared the auto tensioner spec from Bill's car with mine, and mine is very close to his when I had the 70.25" belt.

My car with 70.25" belt (it's to the right just a hair more, it's stretched some)

Bill's car with OEM everything

Theoretically then the 70.25" that I already have should be the ideal solution... why would it be making such a noise? Is it possible that there's a certain rotation that the belt needs to go? I noticed that the Gatorback belt has like angled indents in the ribs, which could face either direction depending on which way you put the belt on.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:17:23 PM by Jeff » Logged

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 05:38:26 PM »

Aha! I put the OEM serpentine belt back on today, and the noise went away!

:clap:

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 07:33:24 PM »

Oh my god, what the fuck. I am going to choke someone. On my way home just now, the fucking whine came back. I'm still on the OEM belt too. The only other recent thing I've changed to the car is added an oil catch can. I know it's working because the view tube has gotten darker in color. Could the air traveling through the catch can cause some sort of whistle while it passes through?

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 02:32:57 AM »

does your car have some kind of unknown supercharger?

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 06:41:07 AM »

Yes.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2010, 08:40:04 AM »

Oh my god, what the fuck. I am going to choke someone. On my way home just now, the fucking whine came back. I'm still on the OEM belt too. The only other recent thing I've changed to the car is added an oil catch can. I know it's working because the view tube has gotten darker in color. Could the air traveling through the catch can cause some sort of whistle while it passes through?

Does the tube looked collapsed at all?Huh??

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2010, 10:28:50 AM »

The tube looks perfectly fine, but I'll check again today while I put my gatorback belt back on.

I think we need a new title for this thread...

"ECM Diagnosis Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Supercharger"

:P

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2010, 02:01:56 PM »

If you don't do it Jeff, I will. lol

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012