Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:02:02 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not shifting into 5th  (Read 13558 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 12:40:33 PM »

You said that your car was shifting into 5th before with KPro, right?  Can you pull all the codes you're getting from your stock ECU?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »

If you have ruled out your kpro and transmission fluid level, you should also see if you noticed a big change in fuel economy and if you can check the transmission fluid temperature sensor and see if it's higher than normal.  If that's so, it might be that your torque converter malfunctioning.  It could be that your stator is seized. The other issue could be that your isn't applying the torque converter clutch. Like NVA-AV6 said, our cars rely heavily on sensor inputs. If just one input wasn't being sent to the ecu, it will not enable something to function. (i.e. your torque converter clutch).

neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »

I havent taken out the excess fluid yet and ill check to see if all the sensors are hooked up, but it was fine a few months before.

yeah there has been a decrease in mileage. 1-2 mpg decrease recently.
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 03:33:30 PM »

Quote from: "NVA-AV6"
A little overfull (as you described) would not cause a problem, now with the stock ECU throwing codes and not getting all data because of KPro, now that can cause a issue, tranny shifting in these cars is very dependant on feedback from the TPS and MAP sensors, it sets up the "grade logic" that honda has in there for shifting, if the TPS is disconnected your stock ECU could be reading as you are always at or near WOT and therefor does not shift into 5th and thinks you are climbing a steep hill or trying to accelerate to pass and keeps it in 4th. How are you other gears shifting? At what RPMs?

shifting a  little jerky at cold temps. Not too bad, maybe its just been really cold lately.

But at freeway speed it shifts fine. goes to about 3000rpm and drops to 1700-2000 when it shifts. No flare ups so i dont think its slipping.

yesterday however I think i saw it shift to 5th gear. I just reached 65 after accelerating probably 1/2 throttle and started to cruise. RPM dropped to 2200ish and stayed there. I gave it a little gas probably 5% from cruise position. It downshifted or looked like it did, jumped to about 3500rpm. Didn't look like a slipping tranny because i started to pick up speed. From that point on it was about 500rpm higher at all highway speed compared to stock.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 09:33:52 PM »

My transmission is very smooth. I do know that it shifts 5 times. I dont know if it is bad for the car but you could try manually shifting through the gears that count from the last shift. The last one is barely noticeable in my car, it may not even be a gear. I get confused with gears and overdrives and stuff, so who knows. I know our cars have 5 gears then a final drive gear, hence, five shifts.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 10:04:39 PM »

I think you're mistaken Bill. The 5th gear is the over drive gear. You'll only feel 4 shifts.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 10:10:45 PM »

Quote from: "Thien"
7th Generation Accord I4 Gear Ratio (MT/AT)

1st - 3.267 | 2.652
2nd - 1.769 | 1.516
3rd - 1.147 | 1.037
4th - 0.872 | 0.738
5th - 0.659 | 0.566

Reverse - 3.583 | 2.000
Final Drive - 4.389 | 4.438

What is the final drive then? I know I see five changes in the RPMs.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »

you should only see 4 shifts. your car is already in first > second > third > fourth > fifth. The final drive is not an actual driving gear. I can't explain what it is however.

I need to pull the codes from the stock ecu. I need to pin up the k line for it.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 10:45:07 PM »

The final drive is like a gear multiplier. If you're familiar with Ford and Chevy rear ends, the final drive is very similar to the gearing in the rear differential of those vehicles, hence why you hear of guys swapping for 4:10's, 3:73's, etc. for drag setups. Consider the final drive as the differential from those RWD vehicles pushed up into the transmission to create FWD. That's the best explanation I could come up with.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 11:11:09 PM »

http://image.automotive.com/f/tech/8509 ... n_gear.jpg

A picture of a final drive from an s2k if that helps
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 06:53:25 AM »

Thank you Mike!

neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 02:45:41 AM »

Interesting note I did what one of you suggested and kept it in D3 then shift it to D. That gets it to shift into 5th. I know its 5th because it shifted twice after and my revs returned to normal. 75 @ 2500RPM.

Didn't have time to pull the code because autozone apparently doesn't do this anymore. You have to buy it. Anyone know where I can get access to one other than buying one?
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 06:49:00 AM »

advance auto will still do this. they have always had better customer service.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 07:53:37 AM »

My Honda dealership does it for free. You may want to try that.

Bill C.
SECM member
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 10:51:21 AM »

Quote from: "neoryan7"
Didn't have time to pull the code because autozone apparently doesn't do this anymore. You have to buy it. Anyone know where I can get access to one other than buying one?

They lied to you.  Auto Zone still does that around here, and I'm sure it's a company wide thing.  Call around to different Auto Zones in your area.  My guess is that the guy you talked to was just a fat lazy pile of shit that didn't want to do his fucking job.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012