Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:02:49 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSX Intake Manifold DIY / Q & A  (Read 168124 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2011, 01:10:55 PM »

Actually, I don't think it would really hurt anything.  I mean, the entire idea behind a CAI, TSX IM, and bored TB is to improve the flow characteristics.  The ECU should be able to compensate and add fuel to make up for the increased air flow.  With n/a motors, it's all about reducing the restriction of air flow. 

FYI, this topic should have never been part of that valve cover thread.  If you have any questions about this IM swap, you should have posted them in here.  Based on your other posts, it seems like you may not have all the facts straight and that could have been part of the problem.  I have separated those posts and merged them into this thread.  Please continue to post any questions you have in here and DO NOT create a new thread.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2011, 02:24:50 PM »

Actually, I don't think it would really hurt anything.  I mean, the entire idea behind a CAI, TSX IM, and bored TB is to improve the flow characteristics.  The ECU should be able to compensate and add fuel to make up for the increased air flow.  With n/a motors, it's all about reducing the restriction of air flow. 
True but if he's talking about picking up a manifold that is not of a stock size, without the proper tune it'll cause damage no matter which way you cut it. Yes, the TSX IM is bigger than our oem manifolds but anything larger will cause a lean condition since our stock ecu's can't compensate for the added air flow.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2011, 01:12:17 AM »

Only one way to find out.  Get a UEGO and try some before and after runs.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2011, 01:50:33 AM »

@CNY240 dont worry about getting pwned. I had a similar thing. The guy sold me an accord manifold... I asked for a tsx rbb blah blah and he sent me an RAA. anyways i got half my money back and he got to keep the other half. Shipping killed it for both of us.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2011, 10:30:23 PM »

so what does this mean exact;y? what are the differences inIM name?
"RBB TSX manifold"
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96470
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2011, 11:29:42 PM »

The most commonly used intake manifolds are referred to by the middle 3 letters in the part number.  The TSX uses the RBB.  The Accord, Element, and CR-V use the RAA.  The RRC is found in the Civic Type R.  The PRC is found in the Integra Type R.  The PRB is found on the RSX Type S and Civic Si (EP3).  The RBC is found on the 06+ Civic Si.

For the record, that intake manifold will not work for your car.  In the picture, it has 07 TSX written on the runner for cylinder 2.  IIRC, you have an 03-05, which you can only use the intake manifold from an 04-05 TSX.  The full part number for the TSX IM you need for your car is 17110-RBB-000.  The 06-08 TSX uses the 17110-RBB-A00 and it will not fit your car.

I hope this helps.

Tim
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2011, 11:31:29 PM »

yea i saw, the guy sent it to me in a pm, i put a wtb over on k20, saying i only wanted a 04-05 im.. -.- thanks i didnt see that
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2011, 11:49:58 PM »

Those guys really don't know the difference.  I forgot why you can't use the IM.  I'm guessing that if you got the IM and the injector base, it should fit, but I can't be certain.

Tim
CNY240

Reputation Power: 1
CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2011, 10:01:20 AM »

I believe it's iacv notch we new and that's only found on years 04-05  mad
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2011, 10:25:58 PM »

Ohh yeah.  That's it.  The IACV notch.

Tim
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2011, 12:12:26 AM »

*edit* never mind, found the answer...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:16:56 AM by Armyguy239 » Logged
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2012, 04:10:54 PM »

Smiley got my IM, took me about 35 min to take out old one, and put in new one Smiley
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2012, 05:11:57 PM »

Niiice, feels good right?
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »

yup Smiley now gotta see if anyone wants the 06-07 tsx IM I'm stuck w/ lol
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2012, 01:10:02 PM »

are there any TB that the 03-05 accords can use?
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012