Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:35:32 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSX Intake Manifold DIY / Q & A  (Read 168114 times)
CNY240

Reputation Power: 1
CNY240 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »

My car is also doing a similar thing. Used a new gasket and all the only thing I did not do was use the bracket which shouldnt make a difference also I oversited doing the crisscross pattern and 16ftlbs of torque. When I attempted My car (Manual with plug on plenum) would idle up and stall out, idle up stall out even with clutch in. messed with throttle cable to get it tostop stalling but car would idle at set rpm then jump another 500 RPMS to compensate for what i am assuming a Vac leak. Embarrassed on my ride home that night after  making the car drivable as dumb as i was  last turn to get home car stalled  while clutch was in as how it was when idle was set to normal. following day i pulled the manifold off and here i stand running stock : ( I am wondering what els it would be to cause the irradic idle but im sure it was the failure to do the pattern and Torque i currently re bought TB gasket and Manifold gasket waiting for non -15 degree weather to attempt again haha. also on the TB i had SS washers hanging around so instead of removing the studs in  used a few on each stud to take up the extra on the TSX studs. trying to get more opinions but like i said im leaning to the torquing and pattern error!
kriptix
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
kriptix pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2011, 08:23:09 PM »

Need help....

I installed the TSX manifold today on my 2003 accord AT.  When i started the car, there was an unusual sound...a very high whining noise, like a high generator would do...  I left it on for 20sec and turned it off.  I re-tighten the bolts on the throttle body but still the same high pitch whining sounds happens.

has this every happen to anybody?  I did not completely scrape off the old gasket, nor did i used the crisscross pattern, so maybe that is why.
Im not sure whats wrong, but i am going to disassemble the whole manifold/intake and re-install it again tomorrow.   

EDIT
I found a video on youtube of exactly how the engine sound when running. 
Intake Manifold Vacuum Leak

Any idea how to scrape off the old gasket?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 09:20:15 PM by kriptix » Logged

"Werd"
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2011, 03:51:19 AM »

yup its a gasket problem. I had the same thing happen to me one. sounded like a super charger. YOu need to go get the gasket remover from an auto part store.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2011, 04:38:33 AM »

Plus you need to tighten the bolts in a crisscross pattern starting from the inside out to get the proper torque. If not, no new gasket is going to solve your problem.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
kriptix
Fucking Newb

kriptix pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2011, 07:07:47 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! i keep u posted if it works.

O yea, do you guys use any lube gasket sealant?  or kept it dry and just the ends off completely.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 07:09:44 AM by kriptix » Logged

"Werd"
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2011, 01:56:30 PM »

Totally dry. I reused my OEM gaskets and had no issues.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
kriptix
Fucking Newb

kriptix pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2011, 07:25:17 PM »

Totally dry. I reused my OEM gaskets and had no issues.

Well took me a couple of hours to clean the old gasket off.  it was a pain in the *** exclaim  But it is done.   I installed the IM using the crisscross method and apply some gasket sealant, just in case.  Everything works pretty good so far.  I will take it for a test run tomorrow morning.  Thanks for your guys help

"Werd"
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2011, 09:56:51 PM »

love being scammed with a 08 TSX intake manny
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2011, 11:04:24 PM »

Did you contact the seller?  Did you try making a claim with paypal?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2011, 11:28:44 PM »

well i got a intake manifold  but they said it was a 05 turns out to be a 08...
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2011, 11:29:55 PM »

this was last winter i bought it i have his name on k20a but not much i can do now :/ just a want F'in intake manifold!!!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2011, 11:50:11 PM »

Yeah man.  You really shouldn't have waited so long to find out.  You kinda fucked yourself on that one man.  I always ask for pics and part numbers before I buy.  I've gotten a bunch of stuff from k20a.  You can't really blame them for you not taking action to make sure you got the right part.  A lot of those guys have piles of parts lying around and it could have been a pretty simple mistake, so don't assume that it was deliberately done to defraud you.  At this point, we won't ever know.  I guess you can attribute this to being a learning experience and next time you'll be a bit more cautious.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2011, 01:35:25 PM »

Maybe you might find someone willing to swap mani's with you on there, it's worth a shot. Sucks to hear tho but it does sound like it was a simple mistake though and not a scam
CNY240

CNY240 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2011, 03:54:30 PM »

yeah  so far 2 people tried to sell me a 08++ one again lol but now i know and  someone has a bored out intake manifold and 64 mm TB wondering if it will work if its the right year
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »

On a stock tune? You'll lean out. No bueno.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012