Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:06:09 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSX Intake Manifold DIY / Q & A  (Read 168120 times)
Silver Bullet

Reputation Power: 2
Silver Bullet pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2010, 01:43:29 AM »

I got an air leak. I'm running the p2r im and tb gasket. I tightened the bolts down all the way and I have an air leak. Car sounds like turbo when I drive. -.-

2006 AV6 6MT

'Like' this page if you're a J-Series fanatic!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-J-Series/329047293778085
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2010, 07:08:27 AM »

Figure out where the leak is?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »

Get a mechanics stethoscope and figure out where the leak is.  That will help you determine where the problem is.  The purpose of a gasket is to prevent leaks.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2010, 01:16:04 PM »

Hey guys, I think I may have a problem. Before going to a mechanic maybe u guys can determine if I have an air leak or not. I took the gasket off and decided to just use the oem tb gasket and no Im gasket. When my car is in park, and I turn the steering wheel, it starts revving up but it doesn't look normal and the car sounds like its gonna stall.

I checked the vacuum hose and it's in all the way and I tightened everything. All hoses are in. Is this idling normal with the tsx Im?

2006 AV6 6MT

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2010, 01:20:27 PM »

No.  You need to use an IM gasket too.  That's where your vacuum leak is coming from.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2010, 01:27:50 PM »

I thought the Im gasket wasn't required

2006 AV6 6MT

Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2010, 01:28:42 PM »

Btw thanks for the quick response. I'm pretty frustrated over this. Seeing how everyone else didn't seem to have any issues.

2006 AV6 6MT

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »

I thought the Im gasket wasn't required

It's not required that you replace it.  You can re-use your stock IM gasket though.  Regardless, you need to use a gasket.

Tim
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2010, 03:12:21 PM »

Ahhh I must have gotten it confused with the bracket -.- silly me. I'll find out and hopefully it will solve this. I appreciate all your help Tim. Thanks again! Smiley

2006 AV6 6MT

Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »

I put the Im gasket but no luck. When I'm in park and I turn the steering wheel, the car starts revving/idling strangely

2006 AV6 6MT

fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2010, 05:58:10 PM »

did you transfer that nipple from your stock IM to the tsx IM?

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2010, 05:10:21 AM »

You could have a vacuum leak. You could still have leaks around the IM itself. Also, turning the wheel side to side puts a load on the engine so the idle changes to compensate. Did you check the mating surfaces to ensure they were straight? Maybe your stock gasket is blown. There's too many variables to pinpoint but the best thing to do is get a mechanic's stethoscope like Tim said and find the leak. One thing I need to ask, in what pattern did you bolt/torque the IM down? That may also be your culprit for an uneven seal.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »

Isn't there a hose that goes in the back of the manifold? Maybe you forgot to plug that back in.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2010, 12:41:24 AM »

Quick question - are the P2R and Hondata Gaskets used in combination (if wanted) or not?

I'm debating on whether to go with the Hondata Heatshield ($55) or OEM ($3) lol...

Wondering if the P2R and Hondata are used in conjunction?! Anyone?

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2010, 08:26:03 AM »

From what I recall, the Hondata gasket goes in between the head and the injector base and the P2R goes in between the injector base and IM.  I could have it backwards though.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012