Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:03:28 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSX Intake Manifold DIY / Q & A  (Read 168111 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2012, 10:36:50 PM »

Degreaser, a hose, let it dry in the sun. That's what I did with mine when I got it off Tim.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: June 25, 2012, 10:44:56 PM »

You could do that and hit it with a wire wheel if you want to get it sparkling clean.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
seiplentz
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
seiplentz pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »

Well I installed my tsx im yesterday. The install went pretty smooth. I am feeling a little umph from it. I do have a little hesitation when you first hit the pedal. Has anybody else experienced this? My wife pretty much said if it keeps doing it I have to put the stock one back on  Sad. I'm not sure if its a vacuum leak the idle is smooth and it accels smooth its just at the first 1/2 sec hit of the pedal. Any ideas? I also have SRI as well and thats it for mods.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2012, 09:36:19 PM »

My car does that, and I don't have a TSX im. Lol
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2012, 12:03:35 AM »

Well I installed my tsx im yesterday. The install went pretty smooth. I am feeling a little umph from it. I do have a little hesitation when you first hit the pedal. Has anybody else experienced this? My wife pretty much said if it keeps doing it I have to put the stock one back on  Sad. I'm not sure if its a vacuum leak the idle is smooth and it accels smooth its just at the first 1/2 sec hit of the pedal. Any ideas? I also have SRI as well and thats it for mods.

I never had this issue when I installed mine 2 years ago. Did you make sure it was installed correctly?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2012, 07:49:32 AM »

I think he may have a small leak somewhere, namely the throttle body gasket. Need more info on what gaskets were reused or replaced.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
seiplentz
Fucking Newb

seiplentz pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 25, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »

I reused both gaskets. It came apart pretty easy my car only has 55k on it. I also thought a small leak just wish I knew how to find such a small leak if there is one.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2012, 10:34:08 AM »

The one between the IM and the lower and upper is metal so its not a big deal. The TB one is some type of paper composite and prone to tears even tiny ones. Trying to find a leak for something like that is a bitch and the easiest thing to do is just replace that gasket.

seiplentz
Fucking Newb

seiplentz pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »

Thanks for the input.. I found out my uncle who has a shop also has a smoke machine. So when I get a chance I am going to bring it up there to look for a leak with that. He also said that I could spray around gasket areas with some throttle body cleaner and if there is a leak the idle will change. The only problem I have with that method is that I powder coated the intake and I think throttle body cleaner has acetone in it which can fuck up powder coatings..
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2012, 12:09:05 AM »

You could always re power coat it. I'd rather have a working intake manifold. Cheesy
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:10 AM »

^This.

Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 02, 2012, 12:01:59 AM »

I started the guide, got stuck on one of the first steps when the phillips head got stripped...  Should I dremel a slot into it and use a slot head?

Another question (I have 2007), on the left side of my plenum I have a small tube heading left. On the new TSX IM I don't have the same port on the left side, is this on the rear that needed to be relocated, as mentioned in the guide?

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »

Bought the replacement screw, need to take a day out of this week to try again

A S I M O
super425

super425 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »

Alright will have my IM in this week or next but still debating between p2r gasket or hondata gasket for the injector base, and i am sure will be p2r IM gasket and TB gasket.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2013, 01:26:05 PM »

They're all pretty much the same stuff.  I have a P2R gasket for my IM (no injector base on my car).

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012