Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:36:37 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSX Intake Manifold DIY / Q & A  (Read 168125 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »

You can bore your TB, or you can pick up a K20A2 TB and get an adapter.  I think Karcepts may make one.  Another option would be the Hybrid Racing 70mm TB, but you're going to need to machine the inlet of the TB and port match them, otherwise you're wasting your time and money.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:41 PM »

Tim, I'm just curious, but do you think an 04-05 TSX intake manifold would work on an 06-07 Accord? I know the 04-05 TSX IM has the IACV notch, but the 06-07 Accord TB doesn't have one, so it would be blocking it off anyways. The only thing I can think of is the bore of the 04-05 TSX IM being too small to match the 06-07 Accord TB. the 04-05 TSX IM is what, 60mm, while the 06-07 TSX IM is 64mm?

I was just wondering because I've still got my 05 TSX IM from my old car haha.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2012, 12:37:59 AM »

If the bore of the IM is smaller than the bore of the TB, then you would need to get it machined.  If you don't, you will lose power because of the turbulence created.  Only other thing I could think of is the TB bolt pattern being different.  I don't have one, so I don't know if they are the same or different.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
SilverCM5
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverCM5 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2012, 09:27:29 PM »

Good write up Tim! I seen this post on DriveAccord.net Keep up the good work Tim!

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2012, 12:14:21 AM »

I can't take credit for the DIY.  It was Skippy that originally posted this, I just copied it over here.

Tim
SilverCM5
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverCM5 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2012, 12:19:28 AM »

Ok, my bad. Thanks Skippy! =D

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2012, 12:23:31 AM »

Since he doesn't really come on the site that much any more, I'll let him know you appreciate it the next time I talk to him.

Tim
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2012, 12:41:17 AM »

Sorry to bring this back to life...finally getting around to tackling mine sometime in the next few days.

Quick question - is there a gasket in between the intake manifold ("plenum") and the engine. I see it says to only pick up a throttle body gasket.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2012, 01:10:11 AM »

There is a metal gasket between the intake manifold and the injector base that's reusable.

CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2012, 01:19:54 AM »

There is a metal gasket between the intake manifold and the injector base that's reusable.

Thanks to whoever put this in the right spot and thank you Jeff for the quick response.

Eric.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2012, 04:28:21 PM »

Quick question - I was going to install the intake manifold but a buddy of mine suggested I look into the RBC manifold the TSX guys swap theirs out for. Would it fit?

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »

It will fit, but you will lose power. That manifold is for higher revving motors. Your motor doesn't rev high enough to actually see those gains. You will lose power in the lower rpm range.

Tim
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2012, 05:09:11 PM »

It will fit, but you will lose power. That manifold is for higher revving motors. Your motor doesn't rev high enough to actually see those gains. You will lose power in the lower rpm range.

That explains it.

Gracias, Tim.

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »

De nada Eric.

Tim
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 25, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »

So I bout a TSX intake manifold recently. After getting it I could see that it was stored somewhere for a while and there is spiderwebs and other residue inside of it. How do I clean it properly?

Here's a pic

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012