Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 07:39:43 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 196817 times)
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2009, 04:46:23 PM »

ok and perhaps a swr-1022d type r 10" along with the mrp-f300? a side from that im going to need a wiring kit... do i need a harness to adapt to my stock deck?

and is there any way i can contorl the bass on the mids. on my dads truck i had a system with a stock deck. and everytime i lowered the bass from the stock deck it would also lower the bass on the sub. how can i control the bass to the mids apart from the bass going to the sub?

Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2009, 05:42:32 PM »

I actually put a little piece of Dynamat where the mirror clips on to the windshield. If you push the mirror all the way forward it will slide off and you can fit the dynamat under the little metal bars. This has greatly reduced vibrations for me. The mirror mount still slides forward at REALLY high levels of bass, but it used to just vibrate upward and become useless before.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2009, 05:48:50 PM »

Quote from: "fabulous010"
how can i control the bass to the mids apart from the bass going to the sub?

Get an aftermarket head unit and install a proper aftermarket stereo system.  Then you will have the control you're looking for.  Other than that, you won't be able to do what you want with your OEM h/u.  Sorry, but there are no short cuts for what you're trying to do.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 09:32:25 AM »

its alittle piece that connects to your speaker wire going to the sub. you can raise/lower the bass going to your sub. therefore when you you lower the bass on your stock deck. you will only lower the mids bass, and wont pass through that box and affect your sub. i will try to find out more on it.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 12:22:50 PM »

I'll say it again, you will not be able to do that.  You might not realize this, but if you are using the OEM head unit, you are going to be tapping into the speaker output for an audio signal to your sub.  When you reduce the bass going to your interior speakers on your OEM head unit, you also reduce the bass going to your sub.  I don't just make this shit up and it's not a theory.  Unlike most people, I actually know what I'm talking about and have the credentials to back up what I say.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2009, 02:18:34 PM »

oh i beleive you tim. its just that my friend who installed his sub last weekend has that part... i told him about it he asked future shop about it, and boom they gave him this piece. shit i don no. let me see if i can find more on it...

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2009, 03:00:58 PM »

I think you have something confused then.  There are ways of increasing the output of your subs with a knob, but no way of doing what you're talking about.

Tim
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2009, 10:06:56 PM »

This is a home audio question. I am pretty big into home theater and I have created in my bedroom what I believe to be a pretty bad ass system, just for tv and music. Still watch movies in the true home theater. I used to have a desktop computer that was hooked up to my flat panel tv and had a digital coaxial connection to my Onkyo a/v reciever. This was great to play my music through itunes. I have recently purchased a laptop and lost these capabilities. I was trying to think of a way to play my music wirelessly through my system with my computer. My parents have a lot of high end shit that i cant afford like a via dj and little touchscreens on the walls throughout the house that that control the music throughout the house. One i dont have that kind of money and two well i dont have that kind of money. My dad has no clue because he just used a free lance a/v consultant, but I dont have one of those handy except you Tim. Any ideas? My receiver is not network capable by the way.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2009, 10:18:40 PM »

I think that I may have just found a solution. Sonos ZP90. Something like this would work I believe. Do you know any other cheaper options?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2009, 02:29:45 AM »

I use an Apple Airport Express to stream audio from my laptop to the home theater system in my living room and my bedroom and control it remotely with my iPod touch.  I'm not sure if you use a PC or Mac, but would assume you could get it to work with a Windows machine.  I'll try to test it out on my gf's computer this weekend since I only have Macs.

Tim
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2009, 12:42:25 AM »

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_176 ... gn=froogle

Quick question Tim. I am looking to spend no more than 250 for a used or new single or double din headunit with the minimum feature of 6 preamp outputs and HD radio ready or already installed... The rest would not really bother me all that much ... This link above, the JVC r800 has caught my eye and I dont think it's too bad... Plus I can make it match the colors of my dash Cheesy...

Do you have any recommendations from personal experience of just from what you know? Or any good places to buy? Maybe even members on here? Cheesy

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2009, 11:23:24 PM »

From personal experience, I have always had good customer service from Crutchfield when I have purchased anything.  If you're asking for my opinion of JVC, that's another story.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2009, 09:43:32 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
From personal experience, I have always had good customer service from Crutchfield when I have purchased anything.  If you're asking for my opinion of JVC, that's another story.

I used to like JVC alot but, alot has chaged with that company as a whole.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2009, 11:03:56 AM »

Quote from: "Paulius005"
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17637_JVC+KD-R800.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle

Quick question Tim. I am looking to spend no more than 250 for a used or new single or double din headunit with the minimum feature of 6 preamp outputs and HD radio ready or already installed... The rest would not really bother me all that much ... This link above, the JVC r800 has caught my eye and I dont think it's too bad... Plus I can make it match the colors of my dash Cheesy...

Do you have any recommendations from personal experience of just from what you know? Or any good places to buy? Maybe even members on here? Cheesy

I have the Pioneer DEH-7000bt, and it is awesome. It is HD ready and has 6 preamp outputs. It also has bluetooth, you may already have this, but it is awesome either way. It is $300 ON CRUTCHFIELD, but I got it for $200 shipped on amazon.

Bill C.
SECM member
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2009, 11:05:22 AM »

I found it for you. It is 221 shipped now, but here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH-P7000 ... 252&sr=8-1

Bill C.
SECM member
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012